TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crashed my Taco :(

Hit some ice this weekend and roll the taco over on the side. Tow company flipped it back over and I was able to back it in 4-LO without issues. I am no tech person but most damage to me looks cosmetic, but the airbox broke under the hood and the battery shifted places but did not come loose from brackets. Other than that mostly body damage.

2004 Tacoma TRD 4x4

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sucks man! Glad to hear that you're alright though, the Taco will be back to good as new in no time don't worry. Have some fun with it and get the extra insurance on a rental car for a day or 2 and go have some fun with it! ;)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
just throw some paint on it and get a new corner light and air box and you will be set!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
...probably a new side mirror as well lol

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
wow. Thats why they call it toyo tough! I'm very impressed with the way it held up. Just out of curiosity, how did you get out of it when it was on its side?

LOL weird question but just wonderin

·
Registered
32 Posts
My deepest sympathies, glad to hear you're okay. I haven't done it yet but I need to post photos of when my truck got assaulted by a fence post.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If they decide that they are going to replace your bumper, I would see if you can get an aftermarket replacement. That Toyota bumper ran up $1000 on my claim. I could have probably convinced them to just pay for an ARB right away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had to crawl up and out the drivers side door. Damn doors are heavy when you have to open them up that way, LOL. I good have gone ou the back sliding glass, but that did not occur to me at the time.

Insurnace asked how it happened and basically told them like it did. Hit a patch of ice, lost control and then boom in the ditch and up on the side. Could have been worse, but hey it still sucks. Just glad I was alone and there were no other cars involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ljschnel said:
If they decide that they are going to replace your bumper, I would see if you can get an aftermarket replacement. That Toyota bumper ran up $1000 on my claim. I could have probably convinced them to just pay for an ARB right away.
That worked for me. :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
chizetown said:
Hit some ice this weekend and roll the taco over on the side. Tow company flipped it back over and I was able to back it in 4-LO without issues. I am no tech person but most damage to me looks cosmetic, but the airbox broke under the hood and the battery shifted places but did not come loose from brackets. Other than that mostly body damage.

2004 Tacoma TRD 4x4

that`s called a "FLOP"....not a roll. Rolls are full 360`s, and whats hangin over yer beltbuckle.. :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Did pretty much the same thing last winter with my taco. I was spanning a creek bed so the mirror didnt get broken, only damage to the side was the right front fender (and the front where I hit a little tree). Good as new now and I had already damaged that fender off roading so it was a bonus.

·
Alumnus maximus
678 Posts
glad you are okay... and it looks like your a newb, so put this type of shit in the newb folder next time. and some people dont like any damage, so i guess thats okay... you should see my truck, i get more than that on one wheeling trip.

i shouldnt say this cause its bad karma, but youll have that with southern drivers when it gets cold!
no offense or anything, but yall should stay home and let the rest of us get to where we have to be without shutting down the highway...
rant over

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
16 Participants
jrizman
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing