TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunday afternoon my sister and I were driving back to camp from some copper mining caves we had just gone to check out. We were cruising along a single lane forest road, coming around a tight right hand turn. Some people in another truck coming the opposite direction were rally car racing about 45mph around the corner. I had no choice but to slam on the brakes and swerve to the outside. We went off a 30 foot embankment and rolled three times. Came to rest against some trees which stopped us from continuing to roll. My truck was still running, and we actually drove out of there. My sister and I are so thankful we were in a Toyota. I will never own anything else.

·
Registered
72 Posts
WOW thank god your safe! these trucks really are safe. i was in the rain and ran off the road and drove throught a 4x4 post at 45mph and the we were all fine. The truck not so much :( lol

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Lucky.... Did the other people stop?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky.... Did the other people stop?
Nope. I don't even think they slowed down. My wife, brother in law, and their cousin was in his Xterra about a mile behind us, and the same truck almost ran them off too. My wife said they even joked about it after the guy almost wiped them out; said "keep your eyes open for the bottom of a white Tacoma hahaha". They weren't laughing when they did see me though...

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Well if they're dumb enough to do that and not stop, maybe they'll be back there again soon. You can find them, or at least who they are.

Then take the appropriate course of action.:xdevil:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife and brother in law had a good idea which vehicle it was, and I think we found it and them at their campsite, but of course they denied even being on the road when it happened. We had no way to prove it was really them. I have a ten guage shotgun with their name on it. I wish so badly that I could track them down.:flamethro

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My wife and brother in law had a good idea which vehicle it was, and I think we found it and them at their campsite, but of course they denied even being on the road when it happened. We had no way to prove it was really them. I have a ten guage shotgun with their name on it. I wish so badly that I could track them down.:flamethro
looking down the barrel of that bad boy will get em to talk:D that or tell em youll :saw: there nuts off

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Glad your ok and i love that shit
"it was still running and we drove it out of there" Toyota ;)

Anyways - what year is your truck? I think I could use some of the interior parts, PM me if interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I had something kinda like that happen to me about 7-8yrs ago. Sorry to hear your truck is fu*ked, but it is replaceable.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
holy hell, man! glad you and your sis are ok!
i rolled my tacoma a few times- saved our lives!

i hope you're able to get a good replacement!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn that shit pisses me off! thats the kinda shit that gets trails closed. glad you are ok. what trail were you on?
We weren't on a trail, we were on a forest road (dirt) on our way back from a trail where we went to check out some old copper mines. It had been a fun day, its a shame that it ended the way it did. I had some plans to go on another pretty gnarly trail that goes up to a huge grassy, flowery, green meadow. Oh well, I'll do it in my next Toy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
holy hell, man! glad you and your sis are ok!
i rolled my tacoma a few times- saved our lives!

i hope you're able to get a good replacement!!!!
Yeah, I'm already looking. I'm looking at first-gen Tundras and 3rd gen Tacomas right now. I would replace her with the same truck in a heartbeat, but my wife and I have already been talking about upgrading-we need more towing power. It seems that the 1st gen V8 Tundra and 3rg gen Tacomas put out similar power figures, and they are similar in size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts