TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think that this project is a couple years past due. Back in late 2008 when I bought the truck I thought it would be fun to "trim" the wheel wells. I did this with a sawzall. I know you are all cringing. I am too, trust me. So the finished product wasn't so great. This is about what it looked like:confused:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah pretty rough...

So the first thing we did was make a rough outline with a dry-erase marker like so

As you can see, when the out line was done a mark was made about every half inch or so. Im sure that you could get away with doing every inch.

Once the marks were made, it was time to start cutting!:saw:

The cuts were made and then we simply took a vice grip and started bending back the tabs that we had created. I guess now is a good time to note that this was not a professional job, but it turned out pretty good.

And here is a finished product!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
You should try to find something to cover up the tabs on the underside. Maybe a strip of black plastic, or something of the sort... Looks good tho.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fiberglass would've probably been cheaper than it'll cost to fix that or the money you'll lose in resale value. Heck, put on the glass and I'm sure you could sell the box skins for a good price to someone with a damaged/rusty box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts