TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i rolled my 04 tacoma last week and it sat upside down for about two hours.I was wondering how bad that is for the engine,I shut it off right away but im still worried. Any input on the subject would be great thanks.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
You probably hydrolocked the engine. First, check the oil level. Refill as needed. Check the intake for any fluids, especially oil that might have seeped in from the PCV. Clean as needed.

Before attempting to start it, pull all the spark plugs and with the EFI fuse removed, crank the engine until you dont get anything blowing out the spark plug holes. Then replace the plugs and EFI fuse and start it up. You'll probably get a bit of smoke for the first couple of minutes, then you should be fine.

Be sure to check your other fluids like diff, tranny, brake fluid, etc as they all tend to leak at least somewhat with the vehicle upside down for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Doesn't look like much damage to the roof at all. How'd you do it? Looks like you gently rolled it over into the snow or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was avoiding another accident, and i was in a line of traffic so i slid into a ditch
spun around and caught the edge of the road.The next thing I knew i was on my roof. it sucks.I just hope the trucks the same after they fix it.And the roads were all ice.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It honestly really doesn't look that bad at all. I'd give you some first hand experience with fixing a rolled truck, but they just totalled mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
stu
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing