TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what amount of miles do you guys rotate your tires? I have about 6k on my 33x1250s and they all, surprisingly have worn perfectly even.

What is the best mileage to rotate them at?

What is the best pattern to follow.. like an X? etc

Thanks

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
I rotate mine every 5-6k miles, mainly b/c I have nothing better to do :) I'm sure you could go longer, and yes, I do an X pattern.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
turbo4door said:
At what amount of miles do you guys rotate your tires? I have about 6k on my 33x1250s and they all, surprisingly have worn perfectly even.

What is the best mileage to rotate them at?

What is the best pattern to follow.. like an X? etc

Thanks
I try to rotate mine every oil change (3000 miles) but frequently let it go longer due to laziness. :D

I take the front two and cross them over to the back. I take the rear two and move them straight forward. I recently got a couple more wheels and tires, so I will hopefully get a bit more tread life spreading it over six tires.

If you can keep your truck aligned you will definitely have much better wear on the fronts. Unfortunately lots of four wheeling doesn't help out with the whole alignment thing.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Typical tire rotation intervals are around 7500 miles. I do mine every other oil change. Back to front, front to back (no X). 35k and plenty left.

·
Registered
63 Posts
every 5000 kilometres (3000 miles) for me. also, i'm pretty sure for rwd and 4wd vehicles the best pattern is front straight to rear and rear cross to front (eventually every tire will be at every corner). atleast this is what i do.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Every other oil change (6k). X em so I do, like Mike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mike said:
I try to rotate mine every oil change (3000 miles) but frequently let it go longer due to laziness. :D

I take the front two and cross them over to the back. I take the rear two and move them straight forward. I recently got a couple more wheels and tires, so I will hopefully get a bit more tread life spreading it over six tires.

If you can keep your truck aligned you will definitely have much better wear on the fronts. Unfortunately lots of four wheeling doesn't help out with the whole alignment thing.

Later,
....Mike
I say every oil change. Get you a cmall compressor and some air tools. It will make it go a lot faster. You will also get a lot more life out of your tires.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I rotate them every 6K. I dont do the X, because after every second rotation, the tire is back in the same spot it was. I cross the front 2 and put them on the back, and put the backs straight forward. I had a set of BFG AT's that I never rotated and they wore perfectly over 75,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I rotate mine every oil change (~3K miles) just because it's convenient, and it makes me feel better :D I know a lot of people that do it every other change and their wear has been fine as well. Maintaining your tire balance is crucial, though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Every oil chang (5K). I keep my spare in the rotation so I rotate spare to LF, LF to RR, RR to LR, LR to RF, RF to spare. 25k on these tires with very little tread worn.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I don't rotate them. The extended tire life is marginal at best, as long as you don't peel wheels alot, have selectable diffs, and maintain a decent alignment.

Plus, once the tread pattern gets low enough, just sell them off as spares to other people and buy a new set.

Also, getting a flat tire and needing to have it replaced throws the whole rotation thing right out the window.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Also, getting a flat tire and needing to have it replaced throws the whole rotation thing right out the window.
That's where I'm at now, my two front tires are worn funny from driving all summer with bad alignment, the left rear is about 70% and the right rear is brand new after I tore a sidewall two weeks ago. Not sure how to rotate them now. ...Steve

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Also to clarify, I do rotate my tires, but only maybe once every 15-20k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts