TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay last week roughcountry offroad gave me a free 3" spacer lift because they said they were feeling generous and they wanted to put it on and take pictures of my truck. I don't know much about lifts but i know i would get coilovers if i could afford it and i know the toytec ome is better but this lift is free so i won't be out of any money except the installation and i have a place that will do it for $110. I need some info what what yall think about this lift. :confused:

<http://roughcountry.com/toyota_tacoma-3.html>

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
its fine, all the spacer lifts are basically the same.....

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
those are topout spacers that dont go IN above your coil springs.. those just push your steering geometry down and to hell and back you will wear out parts quicker then if you bought a IN COIL spacer kit. one that you would have to take the coil struts apart to put together using coil compressors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks flowed. thats what i thought they would do, but what if i get the lift on monday and then in august when i can afford coils i'll get them put on. i would just wait but my tires are rubbin kinda bad and it's embarrassing. can i cause alot of damage in just 5 months of driving? they are given the lift to me for free

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone please tell me if five months of driving with a topload spacer will mess up my ucas or ball joints? Hell does it even matter if i mess them up now? won't i just be getting new ones if i get new coils?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
coils dont replace your upper or lower ball joints.. those just replace your springs.

i have run spacers before like many people but my spacers were ones that u have to take the coil springs apart and put inside not the kind that just bolt to the top of the coil spring retainer.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i wish someone would just show up at my house and ask to lift my truck for free...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts