TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Deaver 8 leaf on back in Nov, as the stock leaf broke.

All I read about is how everyone loves these springs, but the ride is just way too stiff. Even with 500lbs of sand in the back the rear spring rate is much higher than the front, and I'm even running a spacer lift in the front that uses a preload spacer.

Whats going on here guys?

·
Registered
717 Posts
yeah, its going to be a higher spring rate. what kind of shocks are you running in the rear?

·
Registered
717 Posts
depending on the shock that you put back there the ride could improve. what are you doing with the truck? are you mostly driving around town, or playing off road?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Running stock shocks? They are probably completely extended with those 8 leafs, probably causing your rough ride.

·
Registered
668 Posts
cant help ya there... i never ran stock shocks on the 8 leaf... i went straight into a 5125 so no issues there... you sure the stiffness isn't from the coil spacers up front?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
mikesdoublecab said:
cant help ya there... i never ran stock shocks on the 8 leaf... i went straight into a 5125 so no issues there... you sure the stiffness isn't from the coil spacers up front?
Yeah, you can tell the difference, and its coming from the rear.

Interex said:
Running stock shocks? They are probably completely extended with those 8 leafs, probably causing your rough ride.
They are extended, I don't think all the way, but close to it anyways. Still doesn't explain it 100%, as they only control dampening.

I know I need a longer brake line in the rear, but what are some shock suggestions?

NorCalTRD said:
depending on the shock that you put back there the ride could improve. what are you doing with the truck? are you mostly driving around town, or playing off road?
Id say 80/85% street, right now its just basic trails, fire roads, dirt roads, access to dirt bike spots. I'm hoping to get it on some harder trails this spring.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If the stock shocks you have on there are almost all the way extended they are not going to let you have much down travel which will give a stiff ride. I ran the donahoe rear shocks with my deaver pack and it ran great. I will have those shocks up for sale in the next week or two.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
{PMS}fishy said:
They are extended, I don't think all the way, but close to it anyways. Still doesn't explain it 100%, as they only control dampening.

I know I need a longer brake line in the rear, but what are some shock suggestions?

Id say 80/85% street, right now its just basic trails, fire roads, dirt roads, access to dirt bike spots. I'm hoping to get it on some harder trails this spring.
Yes the shock does control the dampening... but they also have a limit of up travel aswell...

I am currently running Bils 5125 10" travel and it rides like a champ!

Toss those stock shocks out... it's causing your rough ride...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts