TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always run Mobli1 in my tranny and dif's. Today was the biannual change the fluids day and I switched the tranny and transfer case to royal purple. HOLLY CRAP what a difference. I had about 35K on the mobile 1 and I was noticing that I had a hard time shifting 1-2 2-1 and 3-2. I figured it was just because I had 140K on the truck, but the thing sifts so much smother now. No problem at all. The truck was really notchy when shifting in and out of 4wd now its real smoth. Only down side is i spilled on the exaust and it smells like ass when it burns.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LavosTRD said:
now is it really cuz of the royal purple or you ahdnt changed it in 35k miles?
I am sure its a little of both.

Howver it hasn't shifted this smooth since i bought it with 30K.

Also a freind of mine bought an 05 with the 6spd. I drove it the other day and was really disaapointed with the tranny in the 05's. Its really mushy. Mine with 140K its much fimer than the 05. Its too bad I really wanted an 05. Guess i will have to wait a year or two and see what happenes.

Chris

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I have been experimenting with shifting from 1st to 2nd when its cold outside and I have found that if you rev to between 1800 and 2200 RPM push the clutch in but dont let off the gas it will go into 2nd MUCH easier. It might just be my truck, but I have been trying all Winter and that method seems best. BTW I have AMSOIL in my Tranny, Trans Case, and Diffs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I run Royal Purple in my rear diff w/ the trd lsd for $199 and it works great. Since its synthetic GL-5 75W90 rated oil it has the additives needed for the lsd. I also run Royal Purple for oil and use the 5W-30, topping off with the 10W-30. Only complaint with Royal Purple is that it looses the purple color very soon after changing the oil. Redline's red oil never changed really...

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Shakerhood said:
I have been experimenting with shifting from 1st to 2nd when its cold outside and I have found that if you rev to between 1800 and 2200 RPM push the clutch in but dont let off the gas it will go into 2nd MUCH easier.
That is the proper way to shift. Don't leave the gas exactly where it used to be, but instead pull it so that the revs drop to where they'll be in the next gear. It takes practice but shifting becomes incredibly smooth, your clutch is happier and in the end you're actually faster by some negligible amount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts