TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has tackled the new FJs (that are coming from the factory with the atrac/rr locker working together) with the RR lockermod that enables the RR locker to be used in 2 or 4 wheel drive. And if so when you use the locker in 2wd is the traction control on or off??? I know that with the atrac/rrlocker hacker mod (on older models) it sends 12volts to the abs module so guys are saying with the locker used in 2wd the traction control is still working and a switch is needed to be put in place to switch from atrac/rr hacker mod to stock.....to have the 2wd rr locker on without traction control
Thanks.....

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
It doesnt make sense to need atrac when in 2wd locked. And if it (atrac) was on, in this case, it wouldnt matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanst talking about atrac at all, this is about the rear locker mod..........working in 2wd and if locker mod was done will it (with the newer FJs) have traction control on or off?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
dusty said:
I wanst talking about atrac at all
Ok.

dusty said:
Just wondering if anyone has tackled the new FJs (that are coming from the factory with the atrac/rr locker working together) with the RR lockermod that enables the RR locker to be used in 2 or 4 wheel drive. And if so when you use the locker in 2wd is the traction control on or off??? I know that with the atrac/rrlocker hacker mod (on older models) it sends 12volts to the abs module so guys are saying with the locker used in 2wd the traction control is still working and a switch is needed to be put in place to switch from atrac/rr hacker mod to stock.....to have the 2wd rr locker on without traction control
Thanks.....

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Seriously though. I dont know if anyone has uncovered the locker mod or not on the FJ's, but whether or not ATRAC is on in 2wd with the rear locked, IT SHOULD NOT AFFECT ANYTHING.

If youre only putting power to the 2 rear wheels and they are locked together what can ATRAC do if it is on? It wont sense slip differentiation between the tires because there wont be any. And the front wheels arent in play. So whether its on or off is moot AFAIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
GOT COPE?
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing