TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought this system off ebay, and saved a few bucks, I installed it myslef and saved a few more. But I am 99.999999% sure its installed correctly because every part of it works. Ok now heres the catch, every once in a while, say every 6-8 unlockings it does its normal Beep Beep, and the lights flash, but the door locks don't unlock. I then press again to lock the still locked doors, and then try to re-unlock them and they unlock. It only does it when trying to unlock the doors, and when I try to re-unlock them it always unlocks. Anybody had this or have any idea whats wrong?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Have the Carr system on my '01 (maybe factory), same problem, I remember someone on the old board say that the antenna from the alarm is too short. Probably not much help, but mine doesn't do it if I'm right at the door when I disarm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but if the antenna was to short, wouldn't the whole thing not work from far away?

·
Registered
33 Posts
M3Man02 said:
Thanks for the reply, but if the antenna was to short, wouldn't the whole thing not work from far away?
I suppose so. Oh well. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey M3,

Don't I know you from some other forum? Heheh.

I'll answer your question: the RS3000 is not the best alarm. I on rare occassions experienced the symptoms you described. I'd say that the handful of times it happened, it happened in cold weather.

I ended up taking it out and selling it. I am going to install a different alarm system very soon (Commando 870). There's a group buy going on at YT, so check out the vendor section there.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe this has been a problem since they came out . The Toyota TSB# is "EL006-01 AUG 01 Power Door Locks - Do Not Unlock On First Activation".
maybe you can find a copy of this, might be an easy fix....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts