1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd bump this. With all of the categories here it makes it hard to find new info. But with the RSS feed the new posts go right into my Mail reader (Thunderbird, www.mozilla.org) and I can pick n choose which topics are worth reading. Super cool.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
What is RSS? I clicked your link and got a jacked up lookin page of code and stuff. I am VERY frustrated with this forum and am close to giving up and leaving. I've been on for 5 hours and still can't figure out how to navigate through, so anything to make it easier would make me happy. Thanks Bob.

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RSS is a cool format that is designed to let you keep on top of things like this message board without ever coming here. I use Thunderbird (www.mozilla.org) to do my email here at home. I have a little folder for RSS feeds that I've setup and one of the feeds is for this site. Every 5 minutes or so the client goes out and grabs the RSS page and downloads all of the new threads (the first sentence or two at least) and puts it into my email program. That way I can quickly just cycle through them all without having to go clicky-clicky all over the forum.

Try this site to find RSS readers:
http://blogspace.com/rss/readers

If you're feeling internet savvy, check out bloglines (link on that page), a friend of mine is one of the founders.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I found a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and it's a super easy way to see what's going on. The plug-in I downloaded is called News Gator. It's not free but I just wanted to see what this was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
xtremeoff-road
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing