TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this has been ask time and time again and here it is again cause I'm tired of searching and getting half-a_s answers.

I have a 03 doublecab with a Cornfed 2" spacer lift. I'm running 32x11.5 on 15x10 inch rims. I'm looking into getting 33x12.5 on the same rims.
As of now I have slight rubbage on the pinch weld at full turn or trailing. Truck is going be use mainly on-road but does do trailing/slight mudding on the weekends.
I'm thinking just getting the 3" spacer lift. Will this rub more? Or should I add a 1"-2" body lift to it? My personal opinion is that body lifts do not look the best. And as of now my front end is 1/2" lower then the rear due to the stock positioning of the suspension of the dcabs. Money is the driving factor here.
Additional note: my tires are exactly 32.5". The tires i want are 33 exactly. But are 1" wider.
What do you guys think i should do?
pics of the 3" lift or any body lifts or other options would be awesome.

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Any specific reasons you want to go 33's?

For the rubbing you have now, is it on the pinch weld? Having the castor set at a low number (1.3 is about the lowest Toyota will alow) will push thetires towards the front more, and kepe the tire off the pinch weld.

But it won't stop 33's without some major banding and cutting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 32's i got were crap. And I want to get a good set this time and not to many offer a 32" tire and theres no way i want to go down to a 31.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The 32's i got were crap.
what do you mean by that? what kind of tires are those?

I'm running 32X11.50" BFG AT's and they are pretty good. Went on a wheeling trip last weekend, ran @ 15psi for the first time, and these tires responded decently.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 32x11.5 Yokohama AT's. They wore like crap and are horribliy noisey. In the mud they were so-so. Didnt clean out very well....

In any case I am going with the 33's soooooo how bout some ideas on the lift.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any specific reasons you want to go 33's?

For the rubbing you have now, is it on the pinch weld? Having the castor set at a low number (1.3 is about the lowest Toyota will alow) will push thetires towards the front more, and kepe the tire off the pinch weld.

But it won't stop 33's without some major banding and cutting.
I must continue to debate this....the more caster ( or "higher number" ) the further your tires will be towards the front of your truck. Can someone set this straight once and for all.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I must continue to debate this....the more caster ( or "higher number" ) the further your tires will be towards the front of your truck. Can someone set this straight once and for all.
According to the printout that the tire shop gave me:

1.2 caster, 1.4 caster on right. Toyota spec is 1.3-2.8

My rear alignment bolts are in the center of the adjustment. The front, the bolts are towards the middle of the truck, meaning the tires would be pushed in further...

Maybe the computer and the two alignment techs were retarded, but from the word around, these guys are top notch here in the east bay.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
not too many offer a 32x11.5?.... lots of companies offer that size.....

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Alignment spec

32x11.50 ? radial SSR's ,TSL SX or 33X10.50'S TSL Radial ?

You can't run oe align spec with a lift, caster will be between 70-90 degrees and camber should be near normal, a slight toe in will compensate for front end slop and be near zero when road driving.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
32x11.50 ? radial SSR's ,TSL SX or 33X10.50'S TSL Radial ?

You can't run oe align spec with a lift, caster will be between 70-90 degrees and camber should be near normal, a slight toe in will compensate for front end slop and be near zero when road driving.

They didn't have much problems setting my truck to OE specs...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
33x12.5 radial SSR's more then likely....

so from what I'm getting from the highjacked side conversation going on in my thread is that in order to run these tires a 3" lift with casters adjusted. correct?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
33x12.5 radial SSR's more then likely....

so from what I'm getting from the highjacked side conversation going on in my thread is that in order to run these tires a 3" lift with casters adjusted. correct?
3" of lift. Don't worry about the caster. Do some trimming.

·
Registered
870 Posts
run 2.5 inches of suspension lift and a 1" rb body lift and some minor trimming you should be fine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts