TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 TRD Taco(Black) and i want to stuff 33x12.50r17 with a 17x9 rim on it with a 3" spacer lift.. anyone have a similar setup or know if it will rub and where? also while i'm at it i'll get everyones opinion on my rims and tires i want to get a KMC Black Diesel Wheel with the polished lip and wrap it with Baja Claw Radials or possibly Nitto Mud Grapplers

i cant find the black wheel pic but its all black with a chrome lip(no ring) then the tires

and

so what does everyone think and any complaints or comments on either tire?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think most complaints will be based on the wheel choice. Get 15x8 rims with less bling is my suggestion. With 3" lift you might be able to fit 33x12.5s depending on backspacing and you may have to trim a bit and pound the pinchweld.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those arent the exact rims i couldnt find the exact ones and i agree thats too much chrome the wheel i want has just a chrome lip on it the rest is black i saw it in 4 wheel parts catalog but the black pic isnt on there site and the wheel only comes is a 9 wide but for the most part it should work with maybe minor rubbing? would a 1" BL fix it possibly?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Matt-W said:
i have a 01 TRD Taco(Black) and i want to stuff 33x12.50r17 with a 17x9 rim on it with a 3" spacer lift.. anyone have a similar setup or know if it will rub and where? also while i'm at it i'll get everyones opinion on my rims and tires i want to get a KMC Black Diesel Wheel with the polished lip and wrap it with Baja Claw Radials or possibly Nitto Mud Grapplers

i cant find the black wheel pic but its all black with a chrome lip(no ring) then the tires

and

so what does everyone think and any complaints or comments on either tire?
You may rub, but by going with the spacer lift you'll be better off than if you went any other way. You still may need to do some slight trimming. Or you could add on a 1" body lift.

17's are fine but it'll be cheaper to go w/ 15's.
The NITTOs are extremely overpriced IMO. Id go with the Baja claws or look at the MTZs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i wasnt sure how much more the nittos were i knew they were more but i guess there alot more so that means there out cause i dont have tons of money to do this lol but i'll check the mtz's i'm guessing both are good offroad tires and decent on the road cause this is my daily driver and i know the claws do have quite a bit of road contact so do the mtz's?? also i'm guessing the 1" BL would fix my rubbing? if so then thats what i'll do cause a 1in wont change much and should be pretty cheap thanks for the help i just got a couple more of the questions to be answered and i think i'll be set

·
Registered
12 Posts
Whee and tir rubbing

Hi , I have a 2002 tacoma x-tra cab with a toytec 3in lift. I had 18x9 moto-metal 951 rims and 33-12.5-08 nitto mud grapplers installed as long as you don't mintrimming out the front of the plastic fenderwell for most light trail driving. But if your like me I am currently looki for a goo deal on a set of 1.5 inch spacers to kee from rubbing the frame at full turn . E-Meail if you would like some pics of the current carnage mods ! Steven [email protected] P.S. Go with the mud grapplers if you havn't alrerady made a choice! :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
StevenR1 said:
But if your like me I am currently looki for a goo deal on a set of 1.5 inch spacers to kee from rubbing the frame at full turn .
Dont get wheel spacers, get a different offset wheel. ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
shoouldnt have a problem with a 3 inch spacer and a 1 body

should look good though

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine 255/85's are on a 16x8 rim and dont rub around the mall (if thats all you plan on doing) But out and about doing what the truck is made for it rubs but not to bad, nothing that a little :saw: can't fix!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
CWest
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing