TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a rubber nipple/bumper. I have searched Napa, Kragen, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and Lowes with no success. It is for my fuel door cover, to prevent it from rattling around. Anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to find these?
Look something like this:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I dunno but you win for best thread title ever!
Rubber nipples bump her :D

I would just go to the dealer for that thing.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
knew the title would get some responses!
this seems like a common part, i can't believe i can't find anything even similar to this i can cut down! thanks for the input guys. Time to find a junk yard in this area. Scuba how did you find the part#? You know site that breaks down parts similar to this? Would be handy to know for future reference.

Ref Part Qty Required Our Price Qty
1 CYLINDER
12100-KZ3-880 1 $612.45
2 GASKET, CYLINDER
12191-KZ3-880 1 $9.20
3 CYLINDER HEAD
12201-KZ3-690 1 $131.15

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toyotapartsales.com has it! perfect. Bookmarked. thanks for that info. Called up a few junk yards, they don't have em. Told me they are normally dry rotted and the best place to get them is from a dealership. Looks like i found my answer. thanks guys.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ive been looking for a rubber nipple/bumper. I have searched Napa, Kragen, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and Lowes with no success. It is for my fuel door cover, to prevent it from rattling around. Anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to find these?
I've bought these at my local Ace Hardware. They have an amazing selection of little specialty parts. Not sure if they all carry them, but you might try a local ACE, or maybe order from them on-line

·
Registered
290 Posts
Remember the old Cadillacs with the big chrome bumpers and rubber-titted protrusions?? We had a girl in school we nicknamed "Old Cadillac Bumpers"...what a rack.
Sorry...just brought back memories :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts