TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were heading to the trail head on sat night. Were gonna start the trail at loon at sunrise and come out Tahoe side. Feel free to join in.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Were heading to the trail head on sat night. Were gonna start the trail at loon at sunrise and come out Tahoe side. Feel free to join in.
sucker
If I'd known about this before you told me tonight at Safeway I'd have gone :p

maybe I'll pick up some cheap tools to make up for it :D

but...good luck with the idea of getting out Cadillac hill...ice road from what I've been reading on Pirate. One group decided not to risk going down the slabs into Buck due to ice and that was a couple weeks back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sucker
If I'd known about this before you told me tonight at Safeway I'd have gone :p

maybe I'll pick up some cheap tools to make up for it :D

but...good luck with the idea of getting out Cadillac hill...ice road from what I've been reading on Pirate. One group decided not to risk going down the slabs into Buck due to ice and that was a couple weeks back.
We had a blast!!!!! We ended up getting to Loon at like 10:30. We wheeled in to Soup Bowl. We camped there. We stayed up really late and didnt get up till almost 11 am. We hit Soup Bowl and then headed to Sluice box. We played around a bunch and then headed out. We got tons of good video. Im gonna be putting it together slowly. There was alot of Ice everywhere which made things interesting.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Great video, love the soundtrack, the dirty heads are legit I saw them about 4 yrs ago at the Roxy. Trying to get my pile swapped and back on the trail in time for coyote/red lake and maybe dusy this summer. So far it seems the snow pack in the sierra is not nearly as crazy as last year hope the gates open on time with very little trail maintenance needed. Happy wheeling

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Great video, love the soundtrack, the dirty heads are legit I saw them about 4 yrs ago at the Roxy. Trying to get my pile swapped and back on the trail in time for coyote/red lake and maybe dusy this summer. So far it seems the snow pack in the sierra is not nearly as crazy as last year hope the gates open on time with very little trail maintenance needed. Happy wheeling
well, we haven't gotten any snow yet...that's the problem. normally, by now, there is 20' up there. If we don't start getting some quickly and lots of it by March most areas of the Sierras will be closed this summer due to extreme fire danger :(

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I heard some snow is in the forecast. Hopefully it doesnt stop.
gonna need all we can get or the FS will close the Sierras due to fire danger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
878 Posts
gonna need all we can get or the FS will close the Sierras due to fire danger :rolleyes:
wow that would really suck. :eek:

Last year we had to much snow and now we don't even have enough to keep the area open in the summer.. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts