TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Looking into tires this week. Need to get new tires fitted and my sleeping platform fixed before this trip

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Got time off confirmed. I'll be leaving vacaville early early fridau morning

·
Registered
746 Posts
Got time off confirmed. I'll be leaving vacaville early early fridau morning

I'll be traveling down Thursday. Let me know when and where you want to meet Friday morning.

Zog, I think the plan is thurs-Sun, so far a couple of us are going in Friday morning.

·
Registered
249 Posts
OK, I live close by (Colfax) and my buddy is coming up Thursday night so let me know where to meet Friday morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That doesn't bother me. It was the wet hill climb up Cadillac that was my problem several years back. No front locker makes those climbs super difficult.
Come on I've gone up the entirety of Cadillac Hill (save one spot) in 2wd. You can do it! :D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
I'll be traveling down Thursday. Let me know when and where you want to meet Friday morning.

Zog, I think the plan is thurs-Sun, so far a couple of us are going in Friday morning.
Either at the placerville safeway/shell or at the loon lake spillway. Either is fine for me.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think we're still going in Thursday but if everyone wants to go in Friday, we can do that too. There is talk of camping at Buck all weekend then turning around and coming back out Loon. Kinda only want to setup camp once...

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
I think we're still going in Thursday but if everyone wants to go in Friday, we can do that too. There is talk of camping at Buck all weekend then turning around and coming back out Loon. Kinda only want to setup camp once...
I was still planning on Thursday as well. Should be able to drive up Wednesday and arrive at camp (Loon or Wentworth?) that evening. I'd love to hit the springs if possible. I like hanging out at the pools there. Just putting forth my wishes. :cool:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
report today that a rig made it all the way through over the weekend. Deep water at the springs "over my hood", boulders in the middle of trail on Cadillac and big drifts on the Tahoe side that should be gone in a week or so.

sounds good for July

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I was still planning on Thursday as well. Should be able to drive up Wednesday and arrive at camp (Loon or Wentworth?) that evening. I'd love to hit the springs if possible. I like hanging out at the pools there. Just putting forth my wishes. :cool:
My little group is planning to head up Wednesday morning. We're going to wheel in from Loon, then back out to Wentworth. Camp at Wentworth Wednesday night.

Camp at Buck Thursday night, then at Rubicon Springs Friday and Saturday night.

Conditions change quick up there, and with all of the traffic from the four day holiday weekend I am hoping that most of the downed trees and new boulders will have been figured out.

Regards,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Can you imagine what Fordyce creek looks like now? I guess it's gonna be a tough year to rtun Fordyce.
I think I saw 1200cfs a while back :p
and someone posted a vid of the first crossing where a buggy on 52s went under...then quickly backed out, LOL

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
Only reason for us not wanting to go into the Springs :surprise::surprise: I'm going in Thursday now with a buddy, plan to camp at Buck Thurs-Sat and only setup camp once and not deal with the massive amounts of water at the Springs :D

Rubicon Springs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
I was hoping the water levels at the Springs would improve by July 4th. I definitely can't make it through water that deep. If conditions don't allow, then I'll hang out at Buck with the rest of the crew. Sounds like I'll be the vehicle with the least amount of lift, so I don't want to get into a section of the trail that will go beyond my vehicle limits.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts