TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Dates are Set Oct 10 to 12 (Friday to Sunday)

Running from Tahoe to Loon due to Cadillac Hill closure on Sunday/

Plan:

Friday 930 ish Oct 10th:
Meetup location:
McKinney / Tahoe Staging Area

GPS coord: 39.04600, -120.16722

Map Link:
McKinney Staging Area

Attendees meeting Friday 10/10:
1. TheeMikeB
2. NorCalTaco
3. Wolfe
4. stlstrs

Trip plan is to Wheel from McKinney to Buck and camp. Relax there till Sat afternoon until Phil and FJ4Tahoe get there. Eat lunch and then head towards LS and camp at LS. Head home Sunday.

SatAM AM:
7. NorcalPR
8. FJ4Tahoe

Communication
CB 31
HAM Rubicon simplex, 444.9875 no shift, no pl.

TheeMikeB and NorCalTaco are going up Thurs night and camping at Kaspian Camp ground right off Hwy 89. About 5 Miles north of the trail entrance. (McKinney/Rubicon Springs Rd)

Map Location
Kaspian Campground

I reserved a spot online using this link:

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Kaspian_Campground/r/campsiteSearch.do?site=all&type=9&minimal=no&search=site&criteria=new&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71663

There are a few other sites open if you or anyone else wants to camp there.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I'm working the first weekend, but I can make the 10-12

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First weekend is my bday. I can get fri or mon off as needed but need to lock dates in whichever!
So are you saying you can only go on the 3-5 weekend or either weekend?

I have a couple of buddies from SoCal that wanna ride with me so i'm still in the air depending on which weekend they can make it up.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Well need to figure out soon so I can request it off to ensure I can make it :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well need to figure out soon so I can request it off to ensure I can make it :)
10-12 is best for me. Just need to know so i can lock in dates at work.

Well let's just call it 3 of us can make it that weekend 10-12. Over 100 other views and no responses.

I just realized that Monday the 13th is a holiday too... Columbus day so I'm off Monday too.

I'm thinking of heading up early Friday am and leaving Sunday am. gives two good days of wheeling/exploring etc...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can get Friday the 10th off and I will also have Monday the 13th off so I am definitely in...As long as my steering rack holds up after this MCR trip, stupid Napa POS

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well let's just call it 3 of us can make it that weekend 10-12. Over 100 other views and no responses.
I make up a few of those views, haven't posted up because I'm not sure. I'm still figuring out this new job so I don't want to commit to anything and then have to bail last minute like at the Gold Lake run. Friday's are a 12-16 hr work day and I won't be off until 6am-10am saturday morning so it kinda ruins any Saturday wheeling for me but I could go up that night. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what you guys decide.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I make up a few of those views, haven't posted up because I'm not sure. I'm still figuring out this new job so I don't want to commit to anything and then have to bail last minute like at the Gold Lake run. Friday's are a 12-16 hr work day and I won't be off until 6am-10am saturday morning so it kinda ruins any Saturday wheeling for me but I could go up that night. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what you guys decide.
Hey Brandon,

No worries man I get it, I have a buddy coming up from SoCal and he is trying to schedule time off/flight etc.. I too had to put in for Friday off... and with Phil and Rob also needing to know asap I just called the date. Seems if none of us worked we all would have plenty of time to wheel.

Hope you can figure something out and meet up with us but 12 to 16 hours is a long as shift... what do you do ?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
If you need a halfway point I'm sure you could crash at my place

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hey Brandon,

No worries man I get it, I have a buddy coming up from SoCal and he is trying to schedule time off/flight etc.. I too had to put in for Friday off... and with Phil and Rob also needing to know asap I just called the date. Seems if none of us worked we all would have plenty of time to wheel.

Hope you can figure something out and meet up with us but 12 to 16 hours is a long as shift... what do you do ?
We're trying to get it so I have Mondays off since my Saturday's are pretty much ruined so if that's the case I'll be off Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and monday. I work at roadrunner transportation and on Fridays we move all of our freight out. I worked 6pm to noon this fri/sat we were busy.

If you hit the trail Friday you'll be about done Saturday. If you end up hitting the trail Saturday I could catch up to you guys sat evening. Dont plan around me, unlike gold lake it'll be easy for me to find you guys on the trail.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're trying to get it so I have Mondays off since my Saturday's are pretty much ruined so if that's the case I'll be off Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and monday. I work at roadrunner transportation and on Fridays we move all of our freight out. I worked 6pm to noon this fri/sat we were busy.

If you hit the trail Friday you'll be about done Saturday. If you end up hitting the trail Saturday I could catch up to you guys sat evening. Dont plan around me, unlike gold lake it'll be easy for me to find you guys on the trail.
I'm not sure what everyone's availability for the full weekend but I was thinking of making more of a trip out of it, do some more exploring/hiking/fishing/drinking/watch soupbowl stuff too. I've only been the one time when we ran it, and we pretty much hammered it out. I have a buddy coming up from So Cal and he has never been on any trails up here and would like to hang with him for the weekend.

I would like to add the Wentworth springs section since we didn't run that part last time so i'm not sure how much how much that would add timewise but if we did the Wentworth section Friday am and then camped/fished/hiked, then ran to buck sat, camped... finish trail Sunday?

Segments not concrete... just talking out loud how to make a 3 day trip out of it.. would be cool if you could make it since we missed you @ Gold Lake.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
It's worth taking the extra time to slow down and explore...

And to float and drink beer

Been on the trail for six days, and that still wasn't enough time

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's worth taking the extra time to slow down and explore...

And to float and drink beer

Been on the trail for six days, and that still wasn't enough time
That's exactly what I'm thinking/feeling. Just bug out for a few days and I'm fine!

1 - 20 of 413 Posts