TTORA Forum banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I have a spill kit.

Ls at night? Damn this is going to be one short run for me.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
So looks like I'll head in thru loon Friday by myself, and camp at ls. In the morning I'll wake up and head down towards the springs

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Depends on traffic, I'm sure I'll be marinating in it. Once on the trail I'm sure it will take a couple of hours

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Well for those that need to be home at a decent time on sunday, the goal is Little Sluice sat night.
hmm, might be a waste of time for me...o well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
hmm, might be a waste of time for me...o well.
So looks like I'll head in thru loon Friday by myself, and camp at ls. In the morning I'll wake up and head down towards the springs
Just because a few of us need to be back Sunday doesn't mean you guys can't hit it. You guys can come in from Loon together and meet us somewhere along the trail and hang for a bit. Then we can separate and we can head out through Loon and you guys can head out through Cadillac.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
That's a long day to head from ls, thru the trail, out to Tahoe and back home.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Phill, I'm going to program my ham this weekend. I looking up the a Rubicon repeaters and the RTF website lists the simplex frequency as having a 102.7 tone. Is this different than the one you listed with no tone?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Doh, yeah use the tone, that way we can also listen to the repeater.

Just make sure the +5.00 shift is off, and whwn you transmit, you are transmitting on 444.9875 (not 449.9875)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Started getting my shit together tonight, 7 more days...
Giggity... Ima start this weekend. :D

I still only have 300miles on my new gears i have a bit of driving around this weekend and I'm going to swap fluid on Sunday no matter what. Then I'll have the long drive to Tahoe and by that point I'll be up over 500. Should be well broken in for the trail.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Took the kids to the river to ride around around a little. We had a few water crossings, so when I got home I figures it wouldn't hurt to check out the front end, make sure I didn't take on any water. Pulled the hub dial on the passenger side, water poured out :eek:. Pulled the hub/spindle, water poured out :eek:. Pulled the axle, water in the birf :eek:. So, on top of getting my shit together, I'm going to be disassembling, re-greasing, assembling the front end. Hopefully the driver's side doesn't have any water in it. I still can't figure out how so much water got in.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Double check the hub seal behind the inner bearing. If not, could be between the spindle and knuckle

·
Registered
746 Posts
I pulled the driver side, no water. I think it came through my wipers. The more I work on it, it seems like it was isolated to the knuckle. I have the FROR Tacoma brake brackets, so I pulled the hub/spindel as one unit and didn't have to break it down, but there doesn't appear to be any evidence of water. I cleaned out the passenger knuckle, disassembled the birf and cleaned it out. I think I'm just going to regrease the birf and knuckle and run with it.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
That's a long day to head from ls, thru the trail, out to Tahoe and back home.
At this point a day trip or overnight is about all I could manage...The show we're doing now is kicking my ass :p get home after 12 fri nite and then do the same show again Mon nite so no way I'll have the energy to run the whole trail in just 2 days...and then be able to do the Mon show.

361 - 380 of 413 Posts