TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing a run to Fire Mountain point on Sunday the 19th. Its located near Nelson, NV. I plan on meeting up at the Rebel gas station in Boulder City at 9:30-9:45. I plan on heading out by 10. It should basically be a day trip (about 75 miles total). Once I get to Fire Mountain point I plan on eating lunch and hanging out for a little and then head back to Boulder City. Just let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's called Fire Mountain Cove road. Its Down by Aztec wash. I haven't been on the trail before so I have no idea how bad it is. I'm going to give it a try. I figured maybe a few other people might want to go along too.
This website said its easier that burrow wash so I'm not too worried.
http://offroadinghome.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-9-boulder-city-nevada-trails.html
http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeeplaw/2011/02/05/fire-mountain-cove-road/

Thats all the info I can really find on it. I have the maps for it so I'm not too concerned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
this trail will take you about uhhhh an hour from Boulder City? Maybe hour and a half, it is a very short and easy trail, 2wd friendly. towards the end, when you approach this very wide circular parking area surrounded by post with steel cables running to each one, is when it gets "difficult" just because of the soft dirt and ups and downs. carrying speed through some of that section is a must. 4wd can just cruise. it is a very beautiful water area, clear and undisturbed. I wish I could make it, great spot to hang and swim if weather is right. overall short and easy. have fun and wish I could go.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
where exactly is this trail and how difficult is it?
It's called Fire Mountain Cove road. Its Down by Aztec wash. I haven't been on the trail before so I have no idea how bad it is. I'm going to give it a try. I figured maybe a few other people might want to go along too.
This website said its easier that burrow wash so I'm not too worried.
http://offroadinghome.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-9-boulder-city-nevada-trails.html
http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeeplaw/2011/02/05/fire-mountain-cove-road/

Easy.....

Thats all the info I can really find on it. I have the maps for it so I'm not too concerned.

Pretty much all of those trails that go down to Aztec Wash are pretty easy!! :driving:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Agreed. Been on all of them numerous times. Very scenic though the cove at the bottom can get overrun with "bros" and their friends.

Yeah....and the water and the cove are very Far from pristine!!!
Another word that starts with a P would be more appropriate.....as in Polluted!!!
Pretty much all of the washes down there are shit anymore!! With the main road in accessible by pretty much any car, these low lifes have mostly destroyed the whole area. Burro Wash is much much nicer....as far as water access goes!! :2cents::2cents:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah....and the water and the cove are very Far from pristine!!!
Another word that starts with a P would be more appropriate.....as in Polluted!!!
Pretty much all of the washes down there are shit anymore!! With the main road in accessible by pretty much any car, these low lifes have mostly destroyed the whole area. Burro Wash is much much nicer....as far as water access goes!! :2cents::2cents:
It's my first time headed down in that area. I figured I would check it out for myself. If others want to join your more than welcome to. If not no worries. It's not like I'm going alone.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
It's my first time headed down in that area. I figured I would check it out for myself. If others want to join your more than welcome to. If not no worries. It's not like I'm going alone.

If after paying my mortgage and car insurance....I have any $$ left for gas....I'll go with you.
Sucks being poor now!! :rolleyes::(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If after paying my mortgage and car insurance....I have any $$ left for gas....I'll go with you.
Sucks being poor now!! :rolleyes::(
I know how that goes. Thats how it was with my last job. Now I'm doing a little bit better. If you can't make it this time I plan on going on a different run in 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe you can make it to that one. I feel like I have been missing out on everything on here so now its time to do more wheeling.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
I know how that goes. Thats how it was with my last job. Now I'm doing a little bit better. If you can't make it this time I plan on going on a different run in 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe you can make it to that one. I feel like I have been missing out on everything on here so now its time to do more wheeling.

Sounds good......Hey, your girl missed out on that Tacoma!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
you will definitely enjoy the trail, just cause it is easy, doesn't mean it isn't fun and beautiful. happy wheeling and I hope you explore the sorrounding areas, there are many little side trails and one steep switch back filled trail (powerline maintenance) that takes you over the mountains and back towards the main hwy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you will definitely enjoy the trail, just cause it is easy, doesn't mean it isn't fun and beautiful. happy wheeling and I hope you explore the sorrounding areas, there are many little side trails and one steep switch back filled trail (powerline maintenance) that takes you over the mountains and back towards the main hwy.
That's how I plan in heading home. That switchback trail goes right past knobb hill and then it's down a super smooth road to the highway.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
That's how I plan in heading home. That switchback trail goes right past knobb hill and then it's down a super smooth road to the highway.

Yep....plus there are other harder trails towards Nelsons Landing as well.....
Somewhere also, are the waterfalls. Quite a bit tougher.......I think that's the only one that I don't remember where it is....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep....plus there are other harder trails towards Nelsons Landing as well.....
Somewhere also, are the waterfalls. Quite a bit tougher.......I think that's the only one that I don't remember where it is....
If I'm lucky I will find a few things like that.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts

bump for jessie!!!!!!​

1 - 20 of 38 Posts