TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the deckplate mod about a month ago and had no problems but when I install my flowmaster 50 series muffler it took about 3 tanks of gas but I notice a rattling nosie coming from my engine compartment. First thing I did was put the deckplate back in to see if it help and after about 2 tank the noise went away. Just woundering what it might have been. I have a 2004 ext cab with a 3.4 no other mods. :confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
didja check to see if you have a screw loose?, but seriously, did you reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes? The MAF will recalibrate and give you a denser fuel charge because it is detecting a higher rate of flow. On a side note, I installed my muffler 2 days after I removed my mud flaps. I noticed a rattling noise too and it took me 2 weeks to figure out that it was the mudflap screw banging around every now and then...good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did disconnect the batter both time for quite some time but I sure it probably is something as simple as a loose bolt somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Boheefus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing