TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wd locked runner that Im thinkin about LTing and i know that most guys run prerunners with the leafed LT rears, mainly is a coiled rear gonna be enough to handle the speed? or will i need to convert to a leaf setup or do 4 link rear.

I have only seen about 2 or 3 3rd gen runners running LT, one being BruceTS.

Ive been pondering the conversion of a 2wd to 4wd but I might like going LT more and running it fast.

Sorry for my ignorance.

thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as the coilovers for the front, they easy to find? 8x2.5? right now im sitting at about 3 inchs in the front, what is an LT front gonna end up lift wise

sorry again for the stupid ass questions

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now its just a matter of saving up and getting this setup on. I plan on transfering to colorado State so i wont be all that far from the desert, would be a hell of a lot closer then i am now

·
Registered
428 Posts
You'll still be a long way from the desert. The LT kit would still come in handy for some wheelin in the mountains though... assuming your 4WD

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, that it probablly is far, im a 2wd right now. I have been looking for parts to do a 4wd conversion and know exactly what to get and how to do it but its a matter of money

ill actually be in Denver the 16th 17th and 18th then around Colorado till the 26th of march.

·
Registered
24 Posts
take your damn body lift on before you do anything. if you actually do go runnin through the desert, it will be very easy to make your car into two peices. body lifts are stupid anyways lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
Why don't you just ask Bruce then? I know that him and Lance run coils in the rear with just smoothies and no issues. You may have to get creative in your shock mounts but I would imagine it would be easier than doing a leaf swap.

Body lifts are not stupid. Just not adviseable in every case and if you're not into hucking your rig then you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
take your damn body lift on before you do anything. if you actually do go runnin through the desert, it will be very easy to make your car into two peices. body lifts are stupid anyways lol
a little unknown factoid for you...

truck had a 2" bodylift on it through its whole racing life... worked great...

·
Registered
61 Posts
there's a bit of a difference IMHO between a 4Runner "hard top" (Gen2+) with a body lift and a fully caged cab with what appears to be a cage welded to the frame , no bed, what appears to be a caged front (i.e. no inner engine "fenders")....

Im sorta a noob on the LT subject but from what I can gather an LT setup that is run "baja like" with OUT a cage will soon REQUIRE a cage...

·
Registered
450 Posts
no pics of that one but hear is a shot of another Expo linked with rear doors and seat(seats not installed yet). Give you an idea of what it would look like.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ill try to find pics of a guys 4runner on Dezetrangers who goes by chicken. It is one bad mama jama.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts