TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know of a way to run the defroster without having the A/C automaticaly running at the same time. i know that if your A/C is running it helps defrost better, but i would like to save the A/C for when i really need it and to keep the gas milage up a little.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Actually, contrary to logic, your A/C will last longer if it's used periodically.

·
Registered
109 Posts
a/c

absolut taco said:
Actually, contrary to logic, your A/C will last longer if it's used periodically.
Yes, thats true.... you need to use it at least once or twice a month during the colder times of the year...
the refrigerant carries the systems lubricants and conditioners to keep the insides from oxidizing...
As far as I know the a/c is a closed system and you can't "use it up". If you lose pressure or it stops working it's usually becasue of a leak or broken parts from not turning it on and circulating the refrigerant.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On my '99 I took the small panel with the temp. controls off (after taking the trim that runs around it and the radio off) and there was an electrical plug that plugged into the back of the defrost/vent selector dial. I uplugged that and put it all back together. Now it don't turn on automatically and I just turn on the AC when I need to clear the inside of the windows. I'm not positive that the wiring on the '04's is the same, but it probably is.

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts