TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere once that S/C's won't work with the 95.5 - 96 trucks is that true?

I am looking to get more power and torque for towing. I have a 96 taco 3.4 5spd w/ 3.5 fox/fabtech coilovers, downey leaf packs and a 3" BL, w/ all new body mounts & 33X12.50X15 BFG AT/KO.

If I can use an S/C, am I restricted to the first gen chargers? Also, I have 224K on the truck will the addition of the charger be too much for an engine with that kind of mileage?

Thanx

·
Registered
13 Posts
aloe said:
I read somewhere once that S/C's won't work with the 95.5 - 96 trucks is that true?
Yes, that is what is written in the S/C install manual from TRD. Whether it's still true if you were to add fuel or electronic mods such as the URD Fuel Upgrade kit I don't know. Someone else here will surely know however.

aloe said:
I am looking to get more power and torque for towing. I have a 96 taco 3.4 5spd w/ 3.5 fox/fabtech coilovers, downey leaf packs and a 3" BL, w/ all new body mounts & 33X12.50X15 BFG AT/KO.

If I can use an S/C, am I restricted to the first gen chargers? Also, I have 224K on the truck will the addition of the charger be too much for an engine with that kind of mileage?
Thanx
I don't believe the generation will matter, it's mostly how the housing is made.
224K is somewhat high, but as long as the engine is in good shape - do a compression / vac test, etc. - Some would say it's just now properly broken in.
Regardless of engine condition, you absolutely will need fuel and electronic mods to make it run properly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Toyota also says that their sc kits dont need fuel mods, so much for TRD.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
It will work, but you'll need to get some things from URD.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
s/c

Hey, thanx for all the input guys. I'm looking at an s/c that has everything I will need. I'll post back after I get everything installed and tuned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts