TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 dub cab with the Black S/c it was allready installed from the dealer when I bought it. It now has 53,000 miles and it is leaking oil out the front I assume that the bearings are bad if the seal is leaking so I guess time for a rebuild. Me question is I'm going on a 1000 mile trip next weeked so I need to do this ASAP. Can I just add oil and get to this after the trip or will the bearings fail and freeze up. (how long will it last after it starts to seep oil) Can I Bring a stock belt with me to bypass the S/C? just to get home

Wheres the best place to buy the rebuild kit?
Does any one have the instructions for the rebuild?

The next ? is for the real smart people. I have converted to a 5spd. from auto I now have 18,000 miles on the 5spd swap. It does just fine exept from 2200rpm - 2800rpm it dos'nt have much power but after 2800 it takes off like a rocket. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is from false readings of speed sensors? Maybe JUNGLECODE has experienced this ?
Oh and I have the 7th inj.

anyways just wondering if anyone has any Ideas about that.
Thanks Ryan ZETTNORCAL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here you go. Gadget has a lot of info on his site regarding the SC. BTW, is the nose cone leaking or more of a slight oil mist around the pully? Mine has had that since almost new and I was told by the dealer that it is common and not to worry about it.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/

cheers
matt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mr.T said:
Here you go. Gadget has a lot of info on his site regarding the SC. BTW, is the nose cone leaking or more of a slight oil mist around the pully? Mine has had that since almost new and I was told by the dealer that it is common and not to worry about it.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/

cheers
matt

Last time I heard oil around the nose cone was a rather big problem. I heard people got their whole units replaced because of this. Am I right about this guys? I know for sure it isnt normal though

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not noticed any lag across the powerband in my naturally aspirated V-6. You should take a look at dyno charts for your set-up with the charger/injector combo to compare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts