TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so before I wasted anyones time, I tried doing a search and came up empty handed....I bought a 2nd gen s/c last weekend and installed it the next day. Unfortunately it was used and therfore came with no directions. My roomate had installed a few so we dove in. The problem came when it was time for the vacuum lines. I got online did a google search and came up with an install guide for up to 2000. I have a 01 quad cab 4x4. I had thought that I installed everything right cause when I took it for a test drive....wow what a difference. But that was about the only wow. I have a mid rpm hesitation through the power band then it starts pulling hard after about 3800 to 4000. Then this morning the check engine light came on for about two minutes then off.........While checking the forums ive noticed a few different pics of s/c with different routings. What I was hoping to get out of all of this was maybe a good pic of how others have ran thier vacuum lines or anything that would help......

Thanks for any help!!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
First place to look for the problem is the check valve that is installed on the vacum return to the throttle body.

Did you install the check valve? the symptomys you describe is exactly how mine acted when I was waiting for the seller of my s/c to send it to me after forgetting to ship it with the charger.

Second would be if the check valve was installed, was it installed in the correct direction

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my roomate had the issue with the check valve and that was one of the first things I looked for before the install. I will double check that for sure, maybe it went bad......The pic that brought on my question showed the fuel pressure regulator tee'd into the boost port and mine is ran over to the intake boot canister deal....is that correct or should it be tee'd to the boost port

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I believe mine is teed into the boost port.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
yea that was the tee I thought you were talking about. I can't remember though if it branched off(teed off) any more times though as it does in the photo.

Also there is another tee on mine that sits under/behind the throttle body.

I bought my charger used as well. but the instructions were with it, just not for my year model. I pretty much got lucky running my vacum lines. But I did have a diagram or two that I referenced. I might have them in an old email. let me check for them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is exactly what I was looking for........bear you are a life saver, now maybe I can actually enjoy the supercharger:xozzy: :clap: :driving: :headbang: :boobies:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still have the same problem after new check valve, mass airflow re-routed vacuum hoses..........aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh whats next????!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts