TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find someone that will swap out my barely used 31's for 33's and cash...I've called a few places to no avail. Anyone know of any shop in the general area that still does this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DirtTaco said:
I need to find someone that will swap out my barely used 31's for 33's and cash...I've called a few places to no avail. Anyone know of any shop in the general area that still does this?

Thanks.

I lived in Rocklin untill March 06 and I think the Les Schwab on Riverside in Roseville will do it... give them a try.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice dude, I'll try them out. Thanks.

I know right off hand Les Schwab doesn't carry the tires I want...but they might be able to get my 2nd choice...hmm.

Anyone know any others?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Used tire shop in Sac/Fair Oaks

I haven't lived there for awhile, but there used to be a pretty decent used tire shop off of Fair Oaks Blvd. Technically, I'm not sure if that's still Sacramento, or if it has turned into Fair Oaks, or possibly even Carmichael.

If you were traveling on Fair Oaks Blvd from Sacramento towards Fair Oaks..... at one point you would turn right and continue on Fair Oaks Blvd. If you were to go straight instead, the street would turn into Manzanita Blvd. At the weird intersection, there was a coffee shop, surround by the 3 roads (yes, weird). On the far corner there's a grocery store...used to be Safeway, not sure about what it is now.

Anyways...if you turn right there and continue on Fair Oaks for about 1/4 mile it will be on the right hand side of the street. It's right across from Carmichael Honda (the motorycyle dealer), and another motorcyle used parts dealer.

These guys always had a great selection of used tires and fair prices. They even bought a set of old BFG Mud Terrains off me for a good price even when I wasn't purchasing from them.

If you haven't found anything yet, give these guys a shot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Im buying some new 32/11.50's from costco. You can have my old mud brutes if you want hah. They only got like maybe 30% tread but they are free to you if you want. I live on campus at sacramento state.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
any reputable tire store can get any tire a customer wants... even if it isnt one of their preferred brands

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JamesInCa said:
I haven't lived there for awhile, but there used to be a pretty decent used tire shop off of Fair Oaks Blvd. Technically, I'm not sure if that's still Sacramento, or if it has turned into Fair Oaks, or possibly even Carmichael.

If you were traveling on Fair Oaks Blvd from Sacramento towards Fair Oaks..... at one point you would turn right and continue on Fair Oaks Blvd. If you were to go straight instead, the street would turn into Manzanita Blvd. At the weird intersection, there was a coffee shop, surround by the 3 roads (yes, weird). On the far corner there's a grocery store...used to be Safeway, not sure about what it is now.

Anyways...if you turn right there and continue on Fair Oaks for about 1/4 mile it will be on the right hand side of the street. It's right across from Carmichael Honda (the motorycyle dealer), and another motorcyle used parts dealer.

These guys always had a great selection of used tires and fair prices. They even bought a set of old BFG Mud Terrains off me for a good price even when I wasn't purchasing from them.

If you haven't found anything yet, give these guys a shot.
I know the place...I totally forgot about them. Next to Fat Cat. Thanks.

jimbo74 said:
any reputable tire store can get any tire a customer wants... even if it isnt one of their preferred brands
I do know that America's Tire and Les Schwab won't, unless they are just lazy fucks. I tried to get the tires I have now from both of them and neither of them would order them. Needless to say they didn't get my $$$. Thanks for letting me know though...that's leverage when I call them if they say they can't get something.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
banThis said:
great, somebody else with bigger tires than me.
Well when you finally find the right wheels and mount the tires sitting in your garage...your tires will be bigger than mine.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
DirtTaco said:
I do know that America's Tire and Les Schwab won't, unless they are just lazy fucks. I tried to get the tires I have now from both of them and neither of them would order them. Needless to say they didn't get my $$$. Thanks for letting me know though...that's leverage when I call them if they say they can't get something.
a lot of places do have lazy ass salesmen.. they also want to sell you one of their preferred brands because they make more $ off of it for the company and for their spiff/bounus checks

i worked at americas/discount, and also at wheelworks which is a subsidiary of bridgestone.... both of them would get whatever the customer wanted, sure they would both try and get the customer the ones that made them more $, but in the long run, its better for a company to take care of the little guy who is then going to tell all his friends about it, than make 1 fat sale.... who would you rather buy from? lets say a friend of yours said i got cheap tires, but the people there were asshats, or i got a decent price on tires with excellent service?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha. It's gonna come down to who will buy the used tires...a lot of places re telling me the same story about their insurance company won't allow them to sell used tires anymore.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i was talking in the above about new tires... as far as used tires, might wnat to check out junkyard parking lots or flea markets, they actually have used tire dealers there.....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i got your back jeff, im keeping my eye out for a good wheel/tire combo so i can get your wheels ;)

you want the coopers first?, then whats second choice?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd have to sell the tires before I bought new ones...which means I'd have no way of driving my truck since I'd have no tires. That's obviously the easiest solution, but not really possible...I'm trying to get a set of cheap (free) tires to use so I can do just that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Dirt-

Any luck with your tire situation? It's no help - obviously - because I don't know the name of the place of hand but, there is a place in Lincoln just off 65. I'll stop by on my way in to work tomorrow and see whats up. My neighbor just traded his used tires in for larger ones.

By the way how the hell was that meet and greet out off truxel a while back? I actually picked up a 79FJ40 so I have been pretty slammed.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right on man...post up the place. The meet and greets have been good. You need to show up at the next one (January). Or go on a run with us...in ONE of your sweet trucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts