TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way in to work today I was cruising along at 50... Everything going perfect and all of a sudden the truck jerks right and off through a fence and in to a few small trees. Turns out the tierod I noticed some play in let go and because it was connected to the pitman arm it took all steering. The truck is fixable and I had a trail spare so it's at work now but the grill is distorted hood windshileld, painton hood and passenger side, a flat tire, and misc scraped up parts on the bottom. :(

Looks like it's gotta be a full respray this time.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Russ. That's a scary thing to lose steering... I know that first hand. But glad you and everybody else on the road are okay.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean it let go? Did it break, or just fall out? Did you have cotter pins?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The joint that was worn popped off. Guess it was more worn then it looked like it... The tg rod ends blow. Replaced 2 already and then this. Making a marlin order when I get home

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hmmmm...pics? Especially of the broken part? I have some sloppy TREs and I definitely don't want to experience something similar...(again).

The whole thing with your trunion bearing scared me too... In general, I feel like Doris is more likely to break things than your truck is....so when you break something major, I start worrying. I do however constantly check the torque on everything, because I'm paranoid since my accident. 37s on these mini axles seems to make things come loose fairly frequently.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK more than anything. The truck can be fixed but you could have been a lot worse off.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys ;) b what's today's date? Almost feel bad fooling you now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Man that sucks Russ,

Hope everything comes back together alright and in a timely manner.

On a side note I'm damn glad I just replaced all of my TRE's and drag link ends.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I was wondering after I posted if this was an april fools. after all, you of all people WOULD put pics up of something like this and there were none. looks like I was right :lmao:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Come on, if you're just messing with us you should have at least said that you rolled it 3 times, completely destroyed the truck, broke an arm, and killed a cow or something.

I bet it did happen, and you're secretly embarassed... So while we distracted by this "April Fool's Joke", you're secretly sanding bondo and painting as fast as you can! :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Thanks guys ;) b what's today's date? Almost feel bad fooling you now.
Damnit!!! I am 2/3 of the way through the day and thought for sure that I would escape a prank but nnnooo you have to go and mess with us. :p

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol it had to be kinda believable. My truck is fine even tho that piece is worn.

I got like 3 people with that today lol

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wait til next year mister.:asshat:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You could have fooled a lot more if you had some pics of busted parts, maybe some photoshop action too. Nice try though, A for effort. :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn, fell for it, and must have been writing as he was revealing the truth because I posted a minute after that came out. Good one Russ.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn, fell for it, and must have been writing as he was revealing the truth because I posted a minute after that came out. Good one Russ.
You posted as I posted I remember the post going through and seeing it thinking you'd miss the joke.

Anychance you know anyone with a vr bottom end or longblock?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts