TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to change my oil Sat. and found frame cancer.
I took her in this morning and she failed.
Classic Toyota = assholes!
The service writer & manager told me I could not remove ANY parts unless I replaced them with stock shit and Toyota would NOT pay me for any of my parts.

I said FU and went to a different dealer and the service manage said he would make some calls and get back to me later to day. If I don’t hear from him I will call Toyota in the am.

I want to take some stuff like bumper, stereo, sliders & front diff. Then I would like ½ the cost of all the suspension parts added to my check. Like I told the dealers I have receipts for everything I put on my truck. I don’t think I’m asking too much they want me to youthinies my truck for nothing not going to happen dammit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
when i took mine in they let me drive it home and i just took everything i could off as long as its drivable to the dealer they dont look at is, i didn't have any front axles in mine and parts of the interior were gone. the guy that does it is an independant person that toyota hires to take care of the recall stuff and he didn't give a crap about the condition of anything as long as it starts up and drives to the truck full of sad little tacomas. i miss it.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
56 Posts
Joe,
Do you still have any stock parts to put back on? Maybe we can have a W.A.T. and throw that stuff back on…. It'd evem be worth your while to buy some junkyard stock parts...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Toyota Customer Satisfaction line this morning, they apologized numerous times about poor experience at Classic Toyota. They took all my info and VIN number gave me a case number and said a case manager will contact me soon.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe,
Do you still have any stock parts to put back on? Maybe we can have a W.A.T. and throw that stuff back on…. It'd evem be worth your while to buy some junkyard stock parts...
I think I still have 2 stock rims

The major parts that I want to turn the truck in without are
front bumper
stereo
front diff,CV's, front driveshaft
rear shocks
side mirrors
tail lights

then I also want to take this stuff but I will put some junk yard crap under it so it will lot drive

rear axle
rear springs
front coil springs
front sturts
rims and tires

and lots of other misc stuff that they will never know about

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offers to help guys, I’ll keep you all posted.
I really don’t know what route I want to go for the replacement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It was a nice truck. that is BS that they wont let you strip it... My rep let me take everything off, as long as it was movable. he said they can winch it on flatbed if they had too. and the second one when they replaced my frame they let me cut sliders off my old frame.I wish I had more insight and took more. Hell, the manager even asked if I wanted to upgrade suspension for cost of parts only, the labor was already payed for buy toyota. Good luck and hope to see you on the trails again.

·
Registered
207 Posts
when i get my parts in the mail you can have my shocks, struts w/o the top hat, and springs front and rear.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need a hand or 2 this Sat.

If anybody could lend a hand this Saturday it would be greatly appreciated
Looks like my truck is done. I would like to get it stripped ASAP.
Not sure on the location yet, I’m hoping my bro will let me do it in his garage because he is like 5 min form the dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i dont know how long it takes wheelers to ship stuff but ill let you know when my stuff comes in ASAP

1 - 20 of 126 Posts