TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I got my latest Toyota magazine and there was an article about safety on the trails. There was also a picture of a bunch of guys in the back of a truck, that was actually sent in to the magazine. Well, the article went on to explain the danger of this situation. Please, be aware of the safety aspect of our hobby and where and how you are acquiring seats for people. This has become a concern of mine, lately, with all the extra seats we seem to be looking for, for additional people. This also pertains to our dogs, too. Don't put them in the back of a truck. That isn't safe. Dogs are quick to jump out of vehicles when there is alot of excitement, around them, and are not as easily seen, running around vehicles as a person would be. I'm not trying to be tough guy behind the keyboard, by any means, so please take this to heart. I have seen accidents happen, and it's scary as hell! I would hate to see something happen to any of my friends while we are enjoying our hobby. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
x2 guys they need to be in a cab.. Would you want to be crushed?

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
- If you bring dogs, and your ride breaks, no hitching rides for your dogs, you're stuck walking with them, the rest of the trail. Your animals are your responsibility. Be responsible or leave'em at home.

Yes, Matt, Im calling you out.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
rozzy dosen't like to ride in the bed, she prefers the comfort of the entire back seat!
-daniel

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
04tacodrvr said:
rozzy dosen't like to ride in the bed, she prefers the comfort of the entire back seat!
-daniel
:D Your dog, your truck, her rules :D I think everyone likes dogs but you cant expect someone to let your dogs run around their cab if your ride breaks. And even sticking them in the bed hinders that drivers ability to wheel due to concern of dogs bouncing around and getting squashed by coolers and such.

Id love to bring my rats, but they're so small they wouldnt be able to see out the window and would probably hate the ride. Bigger dogs seem to take a trail beating better.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Alan11116 said:
Yesterday, I got my latest Toyota magazine and there was an article about safety on the trails. There was also a picture of a bunch of guys in the back of a truck, that was actually sent in to the magazine. Well, the article went on to explain the danger of this situation. Please, be aware of the safety aspect of our hobby and where and how you are acquiring seats for people. This has become a concern of mine, lately, with all the extra seats we seem to be looking for, for additional people. This also pertains to our dogs, too. Don't put them in the back of a truck. That isn't safe. Dogs are quick to jump out of vehicles when there is alot of excitement, around them, and are not as easily seen, running around vehicles as a person would be. I'm not trying to be tough guy behind the keyboard, by any means, so please take this to heart. I have seen accidents happen, and it's scary as hell! I would hate to see something happen to any of my friends while we are enjoying our hobby. Thanks!
Agreed. See "Cheap Labor" thread edit.
Thanks for the reminder...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
:D Your dog, your truck, her rules :D I think everyone likes dogs but you cant expect someone to let your dogs run around their cab if your ride breaks. And even sticking them in the bed hinders that drivers ability to wheel due to concern of dogs bouncing around and getting squashed by coolers and such.

Id love to bring my rats, but they're so small they wouldnt be able to see out the window and would probably hate the ride. Bigger dogs seem to take a trail beating better.

one small correction sir............HER dog, my truck, her rules :D
-daniel

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
- If you bring dogs, and your ride breaks, no hitching rides for your dogs, you're stuck walking with them, the rest of the trail. Your animals are your responsibility. Be responsible or leave'em at home.

Yes, Matt, Im calling you out.
ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts