TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my waggy springs are sitting pretty much flat. I have heard of swapping in the 2nd leaf from the rear of my tacoma but will that add a little arc to it. I just need about another inch of are to the leafs and it would help out tremendously...what else has anyone else done.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i would just get a new waggy spring replacement pack. i'm sure someone makes them, or at least a 3" lift leaf pack, if you want to go that route. i wouldn't mess with them if they are flat, they are probably tired.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any one else got any info. If I get new springs I wanna get he 3" trail gear springs but I don't know how the 220# spring rate is going to hold up. The rancho's 44044's look more promising but I also don't want to be too high....what to do what to do?!

EDIT: I do have a front bumper with a winch.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does anyone know the eye to eye length at ride height on the trailgear springs? I have the 2.7 and winch bumper combo that runs about 140#s. I am considering swapping out my stock waggies for the 3" trailgears and dont really mind moving my shackle mounts if needed. Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trail gears are the same length as waggy's. If you set up your shackle angle correctly you could still use your current location. The trail gears will be alittle more arced then the waggys at ride height.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the input..sorry for the threadjacking.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
By swapping in the Taco leaf you will not get much lift. It just basically adds some stability to the pack. If you are running stock waggys the Ranchos will be way too tall. I called Alcan the other day about another swap I am doing and they can make the waggy springs with any lift you want. The ranchos are 2.5" for a waggy so you could ask for a 1" pack for a bit more than the stock pack had and still not be too high. Alcan is a very well known company for good quality springs. I think it would be worth the extra money. $215 a pack up to 6" of lift.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The trail gears are the same length as waggy's. If you set up your shackle angle correctly you could still use your current location. The trail gears will be alittle more arced then the waggys at ride height.
I thought the same thing about waggy springs being the same length as the trail gears and was terribly wrong. I ordered their 5 inch hd springs and had to relocate my shackle hangers because they were longer than the stock 7 leaf waggys that I had on before. Decided I didnt like how high the truck sat and ordered trail gears 3 inch spring. Wouldnt you know it, they were shorter than the 5 inch HDs and had to move the shackle hangers again. I think the 3 inch trail gears are holding up great and wish I would have stuck with them to begin with.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just put the 3" trailgears on and am very happy with them over my stock waggy's with an extra leaf I stole from a rear waggy leaf pack. The only problem I had is the the centering pin was about 1-2" further forward than the waggy's. I just drilled out the spring perch/pad 1" forward to slide the axle back a touch. They feel a lot better on the road and with the added arch I had to go to a shackle about an inch shorter to retain similar lift height and removed to bottom short leaf (~5" long). I would highly recommend them based on riding flat waggy's for a year and newfound happiness.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats really good to hear. how much more lift did trail gear give you before you changed out the shackle?

More forward would be good for me. Right know I have the center pins about a 1" rear of center. So may be center for the trail gears would work out better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Overall lift when the springs were first installed added up to about 4. I do have a heavy front bumper and winch so take that into account. After changing the shackle and pulling the short little bottom leaf out to make room for my castor shims I ended up with about 3" or so. They ride very nice. Haven't wheeled them hard yet so we'll see.

·
Registered
305 Posts
3in above waggy ride height?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts