TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and forum. Looking for someone around the San Antonio are that can build a light bar that looks like the daystar one. Its going on a 07 4x4, willing to help out and build. I also might be interested in building som steps/sliders. Thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
you might want to become a little active before you start asking for help. once you get to know some people you will find that most of us will help out where we can. check out my bumper build thread in San Marcos next weekend and come on out if you want to meet some people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
you might want to become a little active before you start asking for help. once you get to know some people you will find that most of us will help out where we can. check out my bumper build thread in San Marcos next weekend and come on out if you want to meet some people.
:withstup:

come on out to Brads bumper build and meet everyone and get more involved first.

I wheeled with out a bumper for a long time. sliders are a must though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Im ok with helping on another truck to help learn and make new friends, give me some details where when and what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Jayce's shop in San Marcos all weekend next weekend. building brad's(cooper4x4) bumper
 

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
Joined
·
9,051 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
What, so I'm stupid now?? :flipoff2:



:D
Only since you left for DFW :wiggle:

Like what Mudwiser mentioned, get the sliders first. I had my bumper first and in less than a year I received a present from the trail.


So this past Christmas, I FINALLY bought and installed my sliders.



Hope you can make it to Jayce's shop this Saturday.
You can watch and help out with Brad's bumper build-a-tron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
you might want to become a little active before you start asking for help. once you get to know some people you will find that most of us will help out where we can. check out my bumper build thread in San Marcos next weekend and come on out if you want to meet some people.

I need a new Taco can I wheel with you guys if I get another one?! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
tacomalo said:
I need a new Taco can I wheel with you guys if I get another one?! :D
you need to come up to San Marcos this weekend and help build my bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
brad. be ready to pull that radiator is you plan on welding the backside of your x-member. i think we could possibly make a bolt in cross member utilizing the two stock holes on the bottom of the frame rail. idk if it'd be strong enough but it'd be awesome. that's for sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
george.arnold said:
brad. be ready to pull that radiator is you plan on welding the backside of your x-member. i think we could possibly make a bolt in cross member utilizing the two stock holes on the bottom of the frame rail. idk if it'd be strong enough but it'd be awesome. that's for sure
already got coolant and the tools to pull the radiator packed up. i wonder if it will be possible to just unbolt the radiator and slide it back to gain access?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
i think we should jsut be able to unbolt it and move it up and back like you said. but ive never dealt with one in a taco so i dont know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
ah chit. im not sure exactly what size. jayce just pulled some nuts and bolts out of his inventory. they are about the same size as the stick bumper bolts i do believe. more than likely a little bit larger.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top