TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I turn on the A/C, I get all kinds of dirt and crap flying at me from the air ducts. I think it's funny when my dash farts sand all over my wifes lap but she does not.
As far as I know, there are no A/C filters in Taco's. I drive an '03 D-Cab. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I try? What have you done?
My wife thanks you

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There are no replaceable filters, but most cars still have a plastic screen that the fan spins inside. I've never messed with it on my Tacoma, but I did pull it out on my friends 4-Runner and clean it out for him when his was soo clogged with stuff that it actually stopped the fan from spinning. I've had other cars that had the same design too.

Take a look under the glove box(passengers side) of the dashboard and you should see where the fan motor is mounted. Pull the screws, drop the whole fan assembly and clean out the fan and screen and put it back in and you'll probably be all set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I should trust a guy that goes by "partyman66" and has Al Bundy for an avatar..... On second thought, that's exactly why I do trust you. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts