TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to your great site and I've already learned a fair bit by reading the posts. My ride is an 02 DBL cab 3.4L which is pretty much stock except for a K&N filter system and aftermarket wheels. I want more get up and go so I was thinking TRD Supercharger until reading about gearing and URD package. I don't know what my gearing is - the truck has the towing package, if that helps. What gearing should give the best gain? Also, seems the SC thought has gotta be paired with the URD - what is the cost breakdown of all these improvements? THX for advice and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
MYTTAWD said:
Hello. I am new to your great site and I've already learned a fair bit by reading the posts. My ride is an 02 DBL cab 3.4L which is pretty much stock except for a K&N filter system and aftermarket wheels. I want more get up and go so I was thinking TRD Supercharger until reading about gearing and URD package. I don't know what my gearing is - the truck has the towing package, if that helps. What gearing should give the best gain? Also, seems the SC thought has gotta be paired with the URD - what is the cost breakdown of all these improvements? THX for advice and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
You've got 4.10 gears likely. Regearing isn't a necessity unless you're going a couple of sizes up in the tire dept. Go to URD for a cost breakdown. You can buy a complete package from URD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mudferret
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing