TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Who's In? Details below:

Indian Truck Trail is a 12 mile trail that climbs from 15 FWY to the top of Santiago Peak @ 5,687 feet. The peak has dozens of HAM and commercial radio towers.

The trail is fairly easy, no lockers or armor required, but is still fun. It has many switch backs and goes from desert to alpine terrain as you climb. On a clear day you can see Dana Point and Catalina from the top of SP. It is a great MTB trail as well, but don't go alone, there ARE mountain lions, and when hungry they can be aggressive.

From the peak we will go back down 5 miles to the divide road which runs north/south from Corona to La Cresta. We will then head south on the divide road to Blue Jay campground and then to Ortega Highway. The road from Blue Jay south to the ORV park is paved (used to be dirt). So we will traverse that (about 10 miles I think) to get to the ORV park.

We can play in the ORV park, and then return via pavement to the 15 in Temecula.

We can meet @ Carl's Jr on Temescal Canyon Rd off 15 next to Toms Farms - OR - @ Burger King in Lake Elsinore off Central (highway 74).

PM me if you are joining us!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
if you would've given us more notice i could have made it, but i got shit to do today

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, It was a quick throw together trip...

It was fun though. The ORV park was a real kick.

We will do it again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts