TTORA Forum banner

141 - 160 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
What tool do you use with the dimple dies? A hydrolic press? Like your rear frame plates, you have a plasma cutter?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Man looks good im starting to gather my parts for my sas on my 02 double cab im going d60 and 14b like you did
Thanks! Next week is spring break so hopefully I will be able to get it back on the road. List of whats to come:

Ubolt flip on front
drivers side fender flare
drivers side rear frame plate
drivers side rock sliders
front springs rear mounts needs more bracing
finish rear parking brake
Front driveline.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Finally got it done. I ordered the the 79' and newer flip from ruffstuffspecailties and drilled a 3/4" hole. Then I put it in the hole and swung it up into position. The hardest part was that the shock mount was in the way (which would have been quicker to cut it off and weld it back on) so I used pry bars to pry the ubolt open past the mount which bent the ubolt open which took 2 hours to squeeze it enough to fit it in the plate. To do this I ended up welding the C clamp to the ubolt. I also had to lift the truck up to get it past the springs. Here some pics of it primered and ready for some paint.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Finally have a driveline.
Ended up using a stock rear driveshaft using the stock tube. The yoke is a 1350 and had to change out the stock 1310 yoke on the dana 60 over to the 1350 yoke. Still need to cut off the stock trans mount. Also finished the drivers slider. Almost ready to take her for a test run.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Front bumper build begins.

Also replaced the old yoke on the 14 bolt because it began to leak due to the grooves in it. I should have replaced it when I built it because I ended up having to redo the crush sleeve. This was done becasue I overtightened the new yoke and put too much preload on the pinion bearing. So now I have a new yoke that takes the ubolts instead of the straps. I also got the front bump stops done and will post pics later.

And I also got my first rock rash thanks to a 3 year old little shit that thinks its fun to rub rocks on my truck :(.

·
Registered
748 Posts
well now when you actually put some rock rash on you wont feel as bad!! ;D Make the best out of a bad situation!!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
May i make a suggestion.? I would use something bigger than 3/16" plate for a the shackles on your front springs. Maybe it is 1/4", can't tell, but still not heavy enough. Get yourself some 3/8" and beef those up. I guarantee you that you will bend those if you do any kind of tough wheeling. Just a thought, but it looks nice.

141 - 160 of 220 Posts