TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I eliminated the dust shields from my Toyota axle when doing my SAS on my '89 1st gen runner so I don't have a good mounting point for the short hard line coming from the caliper. I'd like to run the flexible lines direct to the caliper but have a couple of questions:

My current flex lines that came with the SAS kit (Allpro) are female-female. Does anyone make a male-male adapter that would attach to the caliper and then the flex line? Ideally, I'd want this adapter to be angled 45deg so that it routes the line back instead of straight at the leaf spring or else I'm going to have excess line rubbing the leaf at normal ride height.

I could get new lines that are male-female but I haven't seen any with the bent male fitting like I described above.

Or if anyone has a good idea for mounting a hard line to some point on the knuckle, I'd really like to see a pic. On top of the steering arm is perfect but I don't want to weld a mounting bracket to the arm.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
"Earl's" should have what you are looking for. Summit sells Earls as do most every other type of hot rod places. I got stuff for my swap from a hot rod shop here in Phoenix. Front and rear, I did a single drop for each in the middle and ran stainless out to the calipers. Sorry no pics of that. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I just put a male/male 6" hard line out of the caliper, bent in an S-shape to get it up and over the knuckle before attaching to the flex line. Even flopping around it seems to work fine for me. Need to attach it to the knuckle or something eventually I guess.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just put a male/male 6" hard line out of the caliper, bent in an S-shape to get it up and over the knuckle before attaching to the flex line. Even flopping around it seems to work fine for me. Need to attach it to the knuckle or something eventually I guess.
Exactly what I did, has worked for 3 months so far but like you said, for safety's sake, I should hard mount it somehow. Got my 6" male-male pieces at Checker, just take your flex line with you and make sure you get the right threads.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I am pretty sure its the Jap 10mm fittings.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Ohh, I like that 90- thats nice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks, I found a place local that can make me the line with a 90 like in the pic. That seems to route it up away from the spring like I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts