TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an idea of what their SAS cost them. I don't plan on going extreme. I want to clear a 39.5s without cutting fenders. I will be using a 3" body lift. I know kits run approximately $300. Thats all.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Can anyone give me an idea of what their SAS cost them. I don't plan on going extreme. I want to clear a 39.5s without cutting fenders. I will be using a 3" body lift. I know kits run approximately $300. Thats all.
$3000 and up. Mostly up.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
How much lift did your chevy springs give you, and what combination did you use? If you had to do it all over again would you recomend this set up, or have me save my $$ for some Alcans or something?

Sean

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
a lot of fawking money :D i have 8K+ in a basic leaf setup that i made every single part and did all the work i possibly could.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
83srtoy said:
How much lift did your chevy springs give you, and what combination did you use? If you had to do it all over again would you recomend this set up, or have me save my $$ for some Alcans or something?

Sean
I love the Chevy springs. Going rate is $100. Can't beat that for something that works well offroad. Not sure how much lift, too many variables, and I never really measured stuff before and after each modification.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
300 would be for the body lift kit alone. the first time I spent 8k without tires, this last time I spent over 5k just for axles, tires and rims, and brakes no suspension at all. I would figure at least 5k plus if you did the work yourself and went the cheapest rought.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Thank goodness you weren't going extreme. That starts at 40" tires, not 39.5.... I'd listen to theese guys. It sounds like you are in for a wild ride.Good luck, and goodbye wallet!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Thank goodness you weren't going extreme. That starts at 40" tires, not 39.5.... I'd listen to theese guys. It sounds like you are in for a wild ride.Good luck, and goodbye wallet!
Axle swaps aren't too expensive. Do what I did. Never add it all up. Just think of it as buying random parts over time. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Mike said:
Axle swaps aren't too expensive. Do what I did. Never add it all up. Just think of it as buying random parts over time. :D

Later,
....Mike
does breaking shit and replacing it count? :D that reminds me, i have to replace a front pinion yoke today, i shattered mine sat. what yoke are you running?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
zszac111 said:
does breaking shit and replacing it count? :D that reminds me, i have to replace a front pinion yoke today, i shattered mine sat. what yoke are you running?
I'm running the Toy/D44 yoke from High Angle Driveline. I never did like the little u-joint strap things.

Later,
....Mike

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Mine ran around $4k. I have a few parts lists on my web page. Link is in the sig.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Mike said:
I'm running the Toy/D44 yoke from High Angle Driveline. I never did like the little u-joint strap things.

Later,
....Mike

how much do they cost? i wonder if they are as strong as a 1410 joint/yoke?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
I run a cheap-ass kragen u-joint up front that fits in the stock 1310 yoke. Works fine so far.

the joint came out fine, it just slung the caps when the yoke blew the hell up :D i bought a 1410 yoke so maybe it will be a little stronger, if not ill have a machine shop make me one from some chromoly shit.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Aim

83srtoy said:

Sean

hey sean,
long time no see, I ain't been on AIM in the past few weeks b/c my PC was going out on me. I gotta new 1 today, THANK GOD! Anyways, just wanted to shoot you a line. Hollar at me on AIM sometime. Peace, Wes aka jhnboyplyr

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rojodiablo said:

I thought extreme started at 42", thats why I went with the small tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts