TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone is running. I am running long side forward and I only rub on the fender at extreme stuff. I am also running a 3 inch body lift with waggy springs. I want to lose the body lift to lower my COG but that means turning the springs around or chopping the body. How do you guys run yours?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Long side forward with no body lift - 37" tires. I used to get prety bad rubbing on my fender wells with my 35" mtrs and d44 axle but when I switched to the toyota axle I used perches with holes drilled 1" off center so that I could move my axle forward 1". Now I get no rubbing with 37" tires.

later!
shane

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Timbuddha said:
Just wondering what everyone is running. I am running long side forward and I only rub on the fender at extreme stuff. I am also running a 3 inch body lift with waggy springs. I want to lose the body lift to lower my COG but that means turning the springs around or chopping the body. How do you guys run yours?
I'm running with the long side forward. I wouldn't mind having the axle an inch or two farther forward, but then I would have to move the steering box and I really don't feel like messing with that.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my problem too Mike. I think I can maybe move it an inch forward, but I would need to re-drill my FROFR u-bolt flip and the thing is a 1/2 inch thick! Man I need a drill press or a torch. :xcrybaby: Listen to me crying. I am off for two weeks getting all this work done on my truck and you would think the world is comming to an end. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I am running the short side forward on my truck with semi stock waggy springs. For a while I redrilled the perch to move the axle back 1" because of tre to tie rod contact, eventually the springs got flatter and I moved the axle back to the normal spring pin holes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
PappaF2 said:
I am running the short side forward on my truck with semi stock waggy springs. For a while I redrilled the perch to move the axle back 1" because of tre to tie rod contact, eventually the springs got flatter and I moved the axle back to the normal spring pin holes.
DAMN thats my set up!!!!

Stock waggy springs, short side forward, drilled the perch to move the axle back 1". i have NO rubbing at all

-David

·
Registered
294 Posts
Timbuddha said:
Long side back with the 44044s. Also running some long arse 'anit wrap' perches that have 3 holes so you can move the axle forward or back an inch [running them 1" back like the others]. 3" BL, 38.5s and lots O room to go bigger, here soon :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
long side forward slight rub at full flex and wheel turned with 35's. I like it back a little to keep the TR and DL offset. My steering box is right up to my body mount.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You dont have a body lift on your rig? I'm gonna do mine in the summer and want to only do it once. You didnt find you vehicle to tall with the way you ran your springs short or long side foward. Just curious what's the difference in running the long side or short side foward, and whay must you drill a new hole? Is the center pin too far foward one way than the other, does a certain way flex more or offer more lift?

Sean

·
Registered
515 Posts
83srtoy said:
You dont have a body lift on your rig? I'm gonna do mine in the summer and want to only do it once. You didnt find you vehicle to tall with the way you ran your springs short or long side foward. Just curious what's the difference in running the long side or short side foward, and whay must you drill a new hole? Is the center pin too far foward one way than the other, does a certain way flex more or offer more lift?

Sean
NOOB!!!!!

http://tellico.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/985989-front spring with dims.jpg

44044s are Rancho Jeep Wagoneer Lift Springs.

Length: 47” (Length is eye to eye)
Center Pin split (front/rear) 22.5"/24.5"
Bushing: 2 3/4” & 3”

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
83srtoy said:

Sean
The goal is to move your axle as far forward as possible without causing your drag link and tie rod to bind up. This gets the tires away from the rear of the wheel well.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fawker!!! Whats up man how you been? Thats more of what i was looking for as an answer. I know Old Yota suspensions inside and out and am running a good one, but i'm new to TAco's and need some info from you pros as to what really works and what doesn't, and also if you made mistakes what would you have done different. what the hell, lets go wheel.

Sean

Sean

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah i understand that just wondering what the difference in springs was and the whole, short/long side deal. I understand moving the axle as far foward as possible, my 83 has 3 1/4" pushed foward. I'm just new to tacos and need moreinfo. Thanks

Sean

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
running the short side up front will help move the axle foward but also effect your pinion angle to the bad. i run a HP D44 and had to run shims to keep the pinion at a good angle. (didnt rotate, well because im a lazy bastard) but it would be the idea'l thing to do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
83srtoy said:
Fawker!!! Whats up man how you been? Thats more of what i was looking for as an answer. I know Old Yota suspensions inside and out and am running a good one, but i'm new to TAco's and need some info from you pros as to what really works and what doesn't, and also if you made mistakes what would you have done different. what the hell, lets go wheel.

Sean

Sean
I'm going to use you hood has a ramp....

Just go buy a junk yard axle... and junk yard waggy's, and a steering box... Don't rebuild anything!!!!!! it all break anyways so ya'll just replace it done the road....haha Jusr just stay IFS and buy a winch and you can run anything.... or i mean get pulled over anything. :D

-David

·
Registered
57 Posts
Davidtaco said:
I'm going to use you hood has a ramp....

Just go buy a junk yard axle... and junk yard waggy's, and a steering box... Don't rebuild anything!!!!!! it all break anyways so ya'll just replace it done the road....haha Jusr just stay IFS and buy a winch and you can run anything.... or i mean get pulled over anything. :D

-David
So then what size tire can i run with out rubbing with stock junk yard waggy springs and a 2" BD lift that i hate. I think i'm gonna take that shit off and remount my 12" Billies out back before i start building bumpers and sliders to acommadate my shitty 2" body lift. I would like to run 37" but if its worth to keep my COG low and run 35" then thats cool

Sean

·
Registered
515 Posts
83srtoy said:
So then what size tire can i run with out rubbing with stock junk yard waggy springs and a 2" BD lift that i hate. I think i'm gonna take that shit off and remount my 12" Billies out back before i start building bumpers and sliders to acommadate my shitty 2" body lift. I would like to run 37" but if its worth to keep my COG low and run 35" then thats cool

Sean
Rember seeing my truck a few months ago? That is with a 2" body lift and stock waggys... My 35's don't even touch. I can fit 37's easy, i am wanted to get some 38's soon.

-David

1 - 20 of 21 Posts