TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is a front and rear axle worth for a early 80's toyota. I found a set for $300 is that a good price? I want both for the gear ratios untill money allows me to regear them.

·
Banned
4,181 Posts
the early axels are shorter wheelbase and less desirable but yeah thats the going price on a set. 200$ for front

EDIT:
The rear are shorter (as are the front) so it is not a plus for the older axel, you could swap the third though, did that make that clearer ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I think I understand what you mean, I'll have to swap the third on the rear and run spacers up front to keep the same wideness. I can also get a set of 3/4 ton chevy axles for free(14 bolt rear and 10 bolt front with eight lug outters) What will be a better?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yea I think I understand what you mean, I'll have to swap the third on the rear and run spacers up front to keep the same wideness. I can also get a set of 3/4 ton chevy axles for free(14 bolt rear and 10 bolt front with eight lug outters) What will be a better?
Run IFS hubs on your front axle and you will be pretty close to the same track width as the factory IFS rear axle :2cents:. Its what Im doing (if the shop ever finishes my SAS...) plus IFS hubs are cheap and plentiful. The 14 bolt is fine but a 10 bolt will explode quicker than a toy axle with stock shafts.

·
Banned
4,181 Posts
It's been proven that you can build a toy and beat the strength of a 10/44 easy for cheaper
I would say get the toy stuff, again this comes with a bias cause I like toyota axels over chevy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts