TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my possible future project:

I have since read on the national board that Trail Gear is not the best place to deal with. They have all the SAS parts you need at the best price I can find. Marlin also does this, but is a little more expensive for basically the same stuff. Has anyone had any experience with Trail Gear, or purchased anything from them? I saw the thread on that board put up by Lindsay (screen name: Law), but don't remember what they actually did to lose their sponsorship with TTORA? Does anyone know?

If the '94 pickup isn't SAS'd, this will be:anyone up for some beach wheelin?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
trail gear lost their sponsership cause they posted a video of themselves blowing shit up in camp, lighting a trail on fire and then driving through it, along with a bunch of other idiotic and enviromentally irresponsiable crap.

If you want to swap the 94' I have all the parts you need......buy my 4runner.......pull the stuff you need and put it on and sell / scrap the rest.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
you mean to tell me you missed all the drama last week on the main board?

Trail gear as you know likes to put together videos of their antics. Well last week they put one together that showed a bunch of idiots firing off bottle rockets (rocket wars) in camp, as well as setting a trail obsticle on fire and then rock crawling through it. It was at the recent Tinbenders run out in Cali.

Anyway everyone got up in arms over it and decided enough was enough and that trail gear was not a good company for TTORA to be associated with. So we broke ties with them! That combined with Chris Geiger's reputation. I think it was a good move.( IMO)

To answer your question about anybody running their parts. I have their steering assist Hydro kit. Would I have it if I paid for it? no, for reasons similar to above. Does it work...yes, no issues thus far after 6 months of use.

spend your money, however more it will be with club sponsors, that are more classier than low life idiots (oops did I say that?:D)

Spend your money with companies that give back and genuinely support our hobby/sport. If the prices are a determining factor, consider fabbing your own stuff.

that is a two fold better method anyway. you can build to your specs how you want the parts/pieces. and you save money as well. Even though this method does not work on all parts and components, it does work for all your brackets and hangers.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
trail gear lost their sponsership cause they posted a video of themselves blowing shit up in camp, lighting a trail on fire and then driving through it, along with a bunch of other idiotic and enviromentally irresponsiable crap.

If you want to swap the 94' I have all the parts you need......buy my 4runner.......pull the stuff you need and put it on and sell / scrap the rest.
That is actually a very sound idea!

Hell if by the time Tony is up here, I'll even let him do it at my place if he needs it!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
there you go being long winded again........my post conveyed the same thing as yours in one tenth the amount of words :rofl:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
That is actually a very sound idea!

Hell if by the time Tony is up here, I'll even let him do it at my place if he needs it!
the only things he would need would be rear springs and cross over kit.

plus my trans / tcase would bolt right in and offer greater strength and better gearing than his and I am willing to bet my driveshafts would dam near be the right length too

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only things he would need would be rear springs and cross over kit.

plus my trans / tcase would bolt right in and offer greater strength and better gearing than his and I am willing to bet my driveshafts would dam near be the right length too
I know '85 was the last year for the solid front axle pickups. I'm going to assume the 4 runner was the same? I'm especially attracted to the 85 front axles as the gussetts on those model years went all the way to the end unlike 79-83 models, which in turn provides a little more strength. Keep in minds guys, this may be while, and it may be on the Tacoma, not the '94.

Bear, PM sent!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
rear springs are possibly covered as well. I have my 63" chevy's that will be coming off as soon as I get my link rear end in. I also have a driveshaft shop here locally that could either supply or adjust your driveshafts to work

Man, we are going to have his truck built for him, before he even has a chance to get up here:D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
there you go being long winded again........my post conveyed the same thing as yours in one tenth the amount of words :rofl:
but look at the detail! It is all about the detail!:buttkick:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rear springs are possibly covered as well. I have my 63" chevy's that will be coming off as soon as I get my link rear end in. I also have a driveshaft shop here locally that could either supply or adjust your driveshafts to work

Man, we are going to have his truck built for him, before he even has a chance to get up here:D
Keep your fingers crossed for me today! I have a feeling I'm going to hear something either way about the field job in Indy today. I just found out that I was rejected for the field position in Cincinnati, but that was a position that I was being considered that I didn't even interview for. That's OK, I still have several other cards in the deck pending right now! This is a big deal as I have until the last day in June to get something up there, or it's a year in graduate school in Charlotte finishing up my teaching licensure. Then, on to Indiana!!!

I'm looking to fit at least 33's with the SAS and maybe 35's? Bear, what's under your SAS'd Taco???

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm fairly long-winded as well, but I think Bear still has me beat! :D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Well good luck! Graduate school sucks.LOL or so I have been told!

you are selling yourself short thinking about 33"s. yes, if you can keep the SAS low, you might be able to stay "small" but if you are doing a leaf SAS the smallest tire I would go with would be 35's but typically you should have room for at least 37's.

I am running 37"s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts