TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would just go aftermarket, the cost is way less then factory, that is if they make one for the taco of that year.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
pgiannetto said:
I was wondering if there was a OEM Sattelite radio available for a 2004 4x4 taco double cab??
X2 on the Scion Radio Mod.

I've done this in my truck, because I wanted to maintain an OEM look in my interior. The Scion radio with very minor plastic trimming, fits and looks perfect. The sound quality is much better than the stock Tacoma radio too.

My Scion radio is out of a 2005 Scion XB. The 2006+ Scion XB radio is a little improved, so I would suggest that one, over the one that I have.

You can usually pick one up on eBay for $85 - $100. BUT the Satellite receiver kit is another story. You'll most likely have to pick one up from a Toyota Dealership at the sort-of hefty price of $269.00. The one from Toyota is the ONLY one that will work with the Scion head unit. It was specially made by Pioneer under contract for Toyota with a special wiring harness to guarantee that if you want Satellite radio - you have to pay the Toyota price! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Fuckin NOOB!! If you had searched you would find that everyone already knows that those OEM sattelite radios suck in the rock and they are no damn good in the mud either. Especailly the ones they made for the double cabs. They were made for mall parking lots and maybe a few trips down a fire road or two and that's it.

Since it's Thanksgiving Day, thank you for making yourself the target of my scorn. LOL

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Fuckin NOOB!! ...everyone already knows that those OEM sattelite radios suck in the rock and they are no damn good in the mud either. Especailly the ones they made for the double cabs. They were made for mall parking lots and maybe a few trips down a fire road or two and that's it.
You damned old fart!

You probably use two tin cans and bailing twine instead of a CB, too!

Satellite radio is awesome at camp when you're wheeling in remote areas with no radio stations!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dick Foster, you crack me up! LOL!
hey my wife was born and raised in los gatos. she moved away after high school.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
It was probably better that she did move away. They are now into the Holiday Tree and parade instead of a Christmas Tree and parade now.

My wife sent a letter to the town manager saying that she didn't know what to hell a holiday tree was so planned on doing all of her shopping elsewhere this year. Not that there is shit to buy in Los Gatos anyway.
Both hardware stores are Ace now so you can't even buy a decent nail. All that's down town anymore is just a bunch of artsy-fartsy boutiques.
It's gotten so bad that none of the OEMs will even entertain a car dealership here. About all that's left is a small Chevy dealer, Swanson Ford bit the bullet a couple of months ago.
I wonder if the Chamber of Commerce is going to have such a happy holiday with that sort of thing going on. LOL
The town meetings are televised now. Don't know if he was then but Citizen Ray is still at it. He sports his own T shirt and ball cap now. I've been thinking of wearning one of mine to the next meeting. LOL That should get some attention. http://www.dickfostersworldofgoldgayshitforhistruck.com/Dick Fosters World/Home.html
Netflix is responsible for at least 40% of the total revenue so they are in a precarious situation. Basically Netflix could say blow me and the mayor would have to drop to her knees on the spot.
There is some dried up old bitch on the counsel, the vice mayor, that reminds me of a cross between Boxer and Pelosi. I'm convinced she rides a broom.
All of the bars that aeren't yuppiefied to the hilt have pretty much gone away. They all close at about 10PM. Fortuneately for me the one that remains, used to be a biker bar on Los Gatos Blvd, is close to my house.

·
Registered
764 Posts
has anyone tried this with an FJ radio yet? the plugs in the back look the same on ebay and they have a knob for the volume and a somewhat more 'rugged' look to them, better suited for a Tacoma on TTORA rather than CustomTacos :D

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
That's an interesting idea. Someone with an FJ would have to pull their stereo and measure it, and look at the mounting bracket. I'm pretty sure the plugs would be the same. Toyota hasn't changed those in years.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
That's an interesting idea. Someone with an FJ would have to pull their stereo and measure it, and look at the mounting bracket. I'm pretty sure the plugs would be the same. Toyota hasn't changed those in years.

Thats what was so nice about the Scion Swap as it was so easy to just trim a little off of each side of the Face Plate and it went right in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts