TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Tellico is in trouble now as well. Looks like they're being forced to build bridges over the river on Trail 5 and Fain's Crossing's water crossing as well. There's also a bill waiting to be signed in Atlanta that will give seasonal (winter) closures on lower 2,7,9 and 10 from 1 Jan.- 1 April. The reason is Trouts Unlimited is pushing for a complete closure due to silting of the river. They are being told to keep the vehicles out of the streams, either close trails or put in bridges. .....Steve

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
signed...those shit heads better keep it open!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
SteveO said:
Tellico is in trouble now as well. Looks like they're being forced to build bridges over the river on Trail 5 and Fain's Crossing's water crossing as well. There's also a bill waiting to be signed in Atlanta that will give seasonal (winter) closures on lower 2,7,9 and 10 from 1 Jan.- 1 April. The reason is Trouts Unlimited is pushing for a complete closure due to silting of the river. They are being told to keep the vehicles out of the streams, either close trails or put in bridges. .....Steve
yep when i was there in nov they have already started building the bridge for trail 5.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
SteveO said:
The seasonal closure will be good for Tellico. The trails are in very close proximity to some great trout streams (or so Im told). I hate I wont get to do a little splashing in the creek crossing any longer but all in all its best for the feesh. :rolleyes: I mean it is a sensible compromise.

AFAIK Trout U. is very understanding of us and we are of them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
The seasonal closure will be good for Tellico. The trails are in very close proximity to some great trout streams (or so Im told). I hate I wont get to do a little splashing in the creek crossing any longer but all in all its best for the feesh. :rolleyes: I mean it is a sensible compromise.

I can't comment on the trails there specifically there as I have never been to Tellico but we're doing the same thing up here. Bridges are going in all over the place and we've lost 95% of our trails with a good chance of losing the rest even after putting in the bridges. It seems once you draw attention to the trails you're a target until all of them are closed. ....Steve

·
Registered
892 Posts
I didn't come over here soon enough to post stuff...cuz I figured someone else would've already done it.

Paragon is closing....they have to be off the property on MONDAY!!

This weekend is the LAST weekend to wheel there and they're trying to PACK THE PARK. TV/News crews should be there to cover the support.

This really sucks!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Janster said:
I didn't come over here soon enough to post stuff...cuz I figured someone else would've already done it.

Paragon is closing....they have to be off the property on MONDAY!!

This weekend is the LAST weekend to wheel there and they're trying to PACK THE PARK. TV/News crews should be there to cover the support.

This really sucks!!
There's 2 other threads going on about the closing already. I got it covered yesterday. I missed this one, sorry.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56834

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57906

Just noticed that you posted in that second thread.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Now that Paragon is...well gone, where do we go in the north east? Raush Creek? Is that the only alternative?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Toymachine said:
SIGN HERE

They are trying to shut down Paragon one of the best off road parks on the east coast wheelers out. Thanks
Signed. Here is some support from So Cal...even though it may not help.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
GOT COPE? said:

Was there some sort of study done about his issue?

·
Registered
892 Posts
There4Toy02 said:
Now that Paragon is...well gone, where do we go in the north east? Raush Creek? Is that the only alternative?
No other alternatives.....for legal & challenging terrain.

There are some state parks up north that have public access roads/trails that are said to be 'beautiful' and a 'peaceful drive'.... but nothing challenging. There are other private areas in and around - where they have jeep jamboress & such.

I guess now that we're limited to Rausch Creek - we all might get a bit more creative in looking for new areas (and permission).

yeah..it's a shame.

Although the original Paragon is gone.... a New Paragon may show up in the future. It's unknown when or where.

At this point - Kyle & Stephanie (Paragon owners) need to sit back, drink a few beers, and regain their lives after going through such a political mess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts