TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I finally got my ARB bumper and SAW 2.0 coilovers installed. From the factory the coilovers had 1" of thread showing. After installing and driving around I measured and the front was around 1" lower than it was with the stock springs and bumper. I now have 2" of thread showing on the passenger side and a little more on the drivers side and I am still 1.5" lower than the back. My goal is to bring the front level with the back. Compared to other threads I have followed this seems like a lot of cranking to level the truck. Is this just a trait of the 2006 model? Do I have anything to worry about?

Measurments: Ground to top of wheel well

Front: 35" both sides
Back : 36.5" both sides

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
If you where to look down 5 threads you would have seen "How to lower the rear". Now Read!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been reading for two hours!!!!!! I saw that thread days ago and have no idea how that relates to my question. I have the stock suspension in the rear and have no intention of lowering it. I simply want to know if the amount I am cranking the coilovers sounds reasonable when trying to level with an ARB bumper.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Your max should be no more than about 2" w/o UCA change. The ARB is a heavy bumper , that will drop the front a lot. Did you put in 675 lb CO to help with the added weight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything I have read said the 650 lb. spring would be enough to support this bumper. I understand that 2" of lift is max without a UCA change. I am only leveling so I shouldn't need more than 1.5" of lift total. I also understand that the amount of thread showing is not an indicator of lift height. Again, my question has to do with the amount of thread showing when leveling (not lifting) with an ARB bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts