TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a pair of the older SAW 2.0's (600 lb coil) for a 3rd gen 4runner. They are the old design with the adjustment collar on the bottom.

I took them out wheeling this weekend and noticed one side was clanking after driving on some washboard type terrain. When I stopped the 4runner I notice the bushing between the top plate and the nut on the top of the shock shaft had gone over the washer and was sitting on top of the shaft. It was bored out from going over the washer and nut.

You can see the order of parts I'm talking about in this picture.

I ended up putting the bushing back in and retightening the nut down, but it ended up happening 2 more times and happened on the other side as well. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm going to order a new bushing and pick up a Grade 8 washer that has a larger diameter to cover the entire bushing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check out Home Depot or Lowes and find a bigger, thicker washer that covers the bushing, it happen to my old SAWs long ago. The washer comes with the SAWs are weak, my SAWs washer bented into a cup shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts