TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searching for some opinions here; I've been thinking of putting some SAW 2" coilovers on my 02 Regular Cab PreRunner. No major lifting, I just wan't to be able to level the front with the stock rear, as well as hold up a heavy winch bumber. Most likely going to go with the one Bentup.com offers (unless some better suggestions are offered here).

If I leave everything stock, aside from the SAWs leveled with the rear, should I also install camburg upper control arms as well to go with the coilovers or should I be ok? I have 265/70R16 tires currently, but plan to switch to 31x10.5 (15"black wheels) at or soon after the installation of SAWs, and from what I've read they are basically the same diameter tire.

My truck is mostly a DD so I wan't to try and keep everything close to stock as to not affect my mpg much, but when I do offroad (maybe once a month) I usually go to the desert or mountains and I'd like to be able to drive through the bumps fast without my truck bottoming out like it sometimes does.

I currently have rancho 5000s in the front and I like the street ride fine and offroading they are definately a huge improvement over stock, but they're still lacking. I wonder with the SAWs if my ride will be any stiffer or would it actually be softer over the ranchos?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Tell us a little more about your truck. What year? Do you have some sort of Rancho struts? You'd love the SAW's because they drive and handle great and adjust for height.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2002 PreRunner 2.7L reg cab. I currently have rancho 5000 struts in the front.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Get the SAW's - but don't waste your money on the upper control arms

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.

How do you think the SAW 2" will ride in contrast to the rancho 5000's on there right now with oem springs? The rear has 5000's too, but I think I'll also upgrade those, to the 9000 adjustable for more versatility.

·
Registered
551 Posts
don't know how they will contrats because i have never experienced the 5000, but you will not be let down by the SAW 2.0's. i would invest in the Bilstein HD's for the rear if you are keeping it at stock height. The other thing to keep in mind is that the 2.0's are meant to be applied with a lift. I tried running my SAW 2.0's at minimal height for a while and i would bottom out fairly consistently before I cranked them up to 2" of lift. I also have the heavier xCab, V6. Just something to think about. But definetly go with the Bilsteins in the rear rather than the Rancho.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks for the input.

How do you think the SAW 2" will ride in contrast to the rancho 5000's on there right now with oem springs? The rear has 5000's too, but I think I'll also upgrade those, to the 9000 adjustable for more versatility.
They will ride great! Like a sports car, even with some weight on the front. And upgrade to Bilstein 5100-5150's in the rear. You'll be very happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts