TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SAW 2.0s from wheelers and am getting ready to install in place of some old 2" toytec spacers. I have searched endlessly and have found about everything handy regarding the install on here. Disconnect sway bar, threads count doesn't consitute ride height...all that good stuff but I have found a bunch of different responses on whether you can adjust the saws on or off the truck. Better yet, which is the best and/or easiest to do??? Also have found a myriad of respones on what is a good measurement tool to in order to get desired ride height. I am wanting to get 2.5 lift out of front.

Thanks guys.:D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
If you have the room (the Controll arm may be in the way) you can adjust them on the truck. Note that you must jack the front end up to keep less pressure on the shock.

I just jack up the truck via the crossmember, and do both at the same time...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
I just got my SAW 2.0s from wheelers and am getting ready to install in place of some old 2" toytec spacers. I have searched endlessly and have found about everything handy regarding the install on here. Disconnect sway bar, threads count doesn't consitute ride height...all that good stuff but I have found a bunch of different responses on whether you can adjust the saws on or off the truck. Better yet, which is the best and/or easiest to do??? Also have found a myriad of respones on what is a good measurement tool to in order to get desired ride height. I am wanting to get 2.5 lift out of front.

Thanks guys.:D
off the truck is the easiest way; use a bench vise. Idealy you should adjust them so you still have full articulation, ie, able to stuff a front wheel to the bumpstops with the sway bar disconnected...not for a specific ride height.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I adjust my Hoes with them on the truck but I have to flip the spanner wrench and use the dowel on the end of the handle instead of the one on the curved side of the wrench. I can only do 1/4 turns but it sure beats having to pull off the entire shock assemblies until I get the ride height where I want it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, thanks guys. After talking to wheelers they told me that they come adjusted for stock height, so we'll see I guess. I don't have them installed yet but I am going to try off the truck first, I assume you put the bottom end of the CO in the vise?? Hytenor, could explain the last part of your post. I'm just a little front end stupid and don't quite understand the full articulation comments?? appreciate the help....:confused:

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
k, thanks guys. After talking to wheelers they told me that they come adjusted for stock height, so we'll see I guess. I don't have them installed yet but I am going to try off the truck first, I assume you put the bottom end of the CO in the vise?? Hytenor, could explain the last part of your post. I'm just a little front end stupid and don't quite understand the full articulation comments?? appreciate the help....:confused:
'stock height'? not unless they are re-adjusting them since they come with about 2" of lift 'cranked' into them from the factory.

yes, carefully clamp the bottom into the vise but make sure you don't clamp over the heim or damage it!

since they are brand new you might want to crank them all the way down and then add some anti-sieze to the threads; then crank to the desired ride height. That will make things a lot easier for the next adjustment.

example of 'fully stuffed' or full wheel travel

you have to disconnect the sway bar to do this, however.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I'm tracking now. So its not all about just looking good for ride height..lol. Makes sense and I also appreciate the tip about the anti seize on the threads, hadn't thought of that. I think, by reading all of your posts Hytenor, that you have 2.0 SAWs?? If so, any other tips for them?? I'll post pics after install...thanks again.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Alright, I'm tracking now. So its not all about just looking good for ride height..lol. quote]

You'll soon find that chrome doesn't get you home.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Alright, I'm tracking now. So its not all about just looking good for ride height..lol. Makes sense and I also appreciate the tip about the anti seize on the threads, hadn't thought of that. I think, by reading all of your posts Hytenor, that you have 2.0 SAWs?? If so, any other tips for them?? I'll post pics after install...thanks again.
had them ;) Rob bought them after my SAS.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my bad. the almighty SAS...nice choice:D did you like your SAWs overall?? my inner driver CV boot has gone to shit too...so I have to replace those too. I bought the hight angle cv boots from ORS but after reading things on here it seems that the CV boot replacment can be kind of bitch...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
my bad. the almighty SAS...nice choice:D did you like your SAWs overall?? my inner driver CV boot has gone to shit too...so I have to replace those too. I bought the hight angle cv boots from ORS but after reading things on here it seems that the CV boot replacment can be kind of bitch...
they worked perfect for what I needed ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
you are better off getting a new rebuilt cv.. it will take you 1/3 the time to do the replacement

i didi one high angle cv boot replacement and i will never do that agian.. it was such a pain. after i did the first one I went down to the parts store and got a rebuilt shaft for the other side.

t

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you have the room (the Controll arm may be in the way) you can adjust them on the truck. Note that you must jack the front end up to keep less pressure on the shock.

I just jack up the truck via the crossmember, and do both at the same time...

^^x2^^

Jack it up, spin the steering wheel to the right, do the right shock, spin the wheel to the left, do the left shock, recenter the steering wheel and drop. Unless I'm making a big change in ride height the whole thing takes 10 minutes or less. Anti-seize on the threads is a must, BTW.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
i just jack mine up and pull the wheels off. The upper control arms get in the way if they are not cranked down at all. so crank the coils down about an inch or so from the top of the threads. then once it's on the car start from there. it took me a while to get the right ride height. and when i got it where i wanted it, it rode like shit, so i dropped em back down. you are gonna have to dick with them a bit to get them perfect. So plan on doing some adjustments on the vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts