TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,got them install and started adjusting them.the damn spindle is contacting them at full droop,making a pain in the ass to adjust.is there a secret or will i just have to deal with tis until my arms get here?i got the ext-travel w/700 lb springs

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have the same shocks and the camburg UCA. I never tried to adjust them before i got the arms put on but i dont have a problem now....hope that helps

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If you can't wait for the new upper arms, pop the ball joint, move the arm up out of the way, do the adjustment, put the arm back in and check the ride height. Otherwise, wait for the new arms.

·
Registered
307 Posts
nation said:
ok,got them install and started adjusting them.the damn spindle is contacting them at full droop,making a pain in the ass to adjust.is there a secret or will i just have to deal with tis until my arms get here?i got the ext-travel w/700 lb springs
i put a jack stand under the frame below the door and then take the floor jack and jack up on the lower a arm. That way all the way is on the jackstand and the A arm is moved back to normal postition and it makes adjusting the coilovers alot easier. i have camburg uca's with saws 2.5

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Masterj981 said:
i put a jack stand under the frame below the door and then take the floor jack and jack up on the lower a arm. That way all the way is on the jackstand and the A arm is moved back to normal postition and it makes adjusting the coilovers alot easier. i have camburg uca's with saws 2.5
Not to be a dick, but doing that puts a lot of load on the adjuster ring, making it harder to turn. It will work, but sure makes it hard IMHO. No insult intended here...just info. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
mojavegold said:
Not to be a dick, but doing that puts a lot of load on the adjuster ring, making it harder to turn. It will work, but sure makes it hard IMHO. No insult intended here...just info. :)
yea but it moves the a arm out of the way and i came to this having to always taking the bolt out the control arm everytime i adjusted the co's. Hell this way i turn the wheels all to one side and dont even take off the tire. But then again to each his own

1 - 6 of 6 Posts