TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 3in spacer lift on my 98 tacoma as of now, but i was looking into upgrading to a 3in coil over lift. I did a little research on sway-a-way but all they seem to have is a 2.5 in lift. If i spend 600+$ on coil overs i want my truck to sit level and perform. What lift would be in my best intrest?

Also is there a noticable difference between the coil over SAW's and the spacer lift. My buddy has the fabteck coilovers and i cant tell a difference between them as far as performance goes.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
ok first off, they are adjustible from 0-3" of lift. what you are probably looking at is the diameter of the coilovers. they offer 2" and 2.5". 2.5" is geared more for desert stuff. ...being in ga, you arent going to find many deserts so the 2.0s will do fine.

as far as the difference, i gaurentee(sp?) that they will ride better than a spacer lift. you friend probably dosent notice a difference b/c fabtech=crap unless you get the dirtlogic coilovers which are made by sway a way. i have saws now and love them. if i were to do it over again i would get saws again. (aside from a sas).

another option would be a set of donahoe coilovers. i havent had experience with them, they apparently ride smoother than saws. although they will run you about $300 more. personally, i dont think the slight ride improvement would be worth the extra $$$.

you could always go the cheaper route and get somethink like an old man emu lift. it isnt adjustable, but its cheaper, and ive heard good things about them

:2cents: :2cents:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yes coilovers are the way to go. Maddog will tune in soon and give you a synopsis of them. We went to lunch all the time (used to work together) and usualy took his truck. He could hit bumps at 45-50 mph and you dont even feel it. He has the donahue-deaver set up and loves it.

·
Veteran Newbie
600 Posts
If you can afford it go with the best you can get. I love the Hoes. I will always recommend them. But at least go with the SAWS. Coilover is the way to go.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking at the prices i might try and see if i can pick up some used ones off somebody... So if you guys know anybody selling some point them my way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts