TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
exactly what it says. the 2" and 2.5" is for the diameter. therefore the 2.5" obviously have a bigger diameter ;)

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
gregers05 said:
exactly what it says. the 2" and 2.5" is for the diameter. therefore the 2.5" obviously have a bigger diameter ;)

Yeah and ones more expensive. :D

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
jesus_aftermath said:
What's the difference between the SAW 2" and the SAW 2.5"?
1/2" ;)

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Only other thing to add is that the bigger the diameter, the bigger the volume, and the bigger the volume, the more it takes to heat them up. Heat is one of the main causes of shock fade. So if it takes more to heat them up, then they are less likely to suffer from shock fade than a thinner (less volume) diameter shock.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
equin said:
Only other thing to add is that the bigger the diameter, the bigger the volume, and the bigger the volume, the more it takes to heat them up. Heat is one of the main causes of shock fade. So if it takes more to heat them up, then they are less likely to suffer from shock fade than a thinner (less volume) diameter shock.
very good answer :)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
jesus_aftermath said:
What's the difference between the SAW 2" and the SAW 2.5"?
the real question is there a difference to the average Taco owner who drives mainly on the pavement and wheels on occasion. In that case, none other than preference of ride quality. All of the top brand adjustable COs on the market are designed for going very fast on very rough roads...all day long. So, whether you get a 2.0 or a 2.5 really won't make much difference unless you do that ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
jesus_aftermath said:
I just hope the ride quality is still there because I plan to crank it up to 2.5"
the more preload you add (cranking them up) the stiffer the ride and you lose up-travel (articulation)

the idea, for a wheeling rig, is to only crank them the amount that still maintains full articulation, ie, ability to stuff a front tire and hit the bumpstop.

SAW 2.0s with 675# coils cranked to 2-2.5" of lift. I have around 300# of armor on the front end in that pic as well.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's a good pic, hytenor.
I'm sure that you're right about either diameter shock being more than enough for most users, but the difference in cost between them is not that much so I have a hard time deciding what to do.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
ljschnel said:
That's a good pic, hytenor.
I'm sure that you're right about either diameter shock being more than enough for most users, but the difference in cost between them is not that much so I have a hard time deciding what to do.
those I know who actually use their COs for they were designed for have said the Hoes are better than the SAW 2.0s, hands down. I trust their evaluation completely as these guys truely know what they are talking about ;)
So, if you plan on going fast all the time on bumpy roads get the Donahoes but if you are just looking for better than stock but still have the ability to go fast every now and then...and want to save a few bucks, go Sway away or King. I only have experience with the 2.0s. Others have run each and every adjustable on the market on the same truck so can give a much better evaluation of the differences.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I support Donahoe totally, but Dhoes were designed in (not only for) a desert setting....if youre not hauling ass through the desert (aka cycling through the suspension in short periods of time) i think that SAW 2.5 will do just fine! a lil bit cheaper too :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts