TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give great kudos to Ryan Shimp at Sway-A-Way. I sent a set of very used Race Runner Coilovers that I bought off a member here on the boards to him to have rebuilt. He called me the minute he recieved them and went over thier overall condition and explained my options with the utmost professionalism. He also offered to do a few upgrades like installl the new recessed schraeder valves and install new caps for free. He also offered me new shocks at an awesome price if I wanted. There was no pressure at all and he offered me a discount since I was a member of TTORA. It's just nice to know that there are a few folks out there that will go the extra mile just to keep customers happy. And just think, I didn't even buy these from SAW new but still received outstanding customer service! Bravo Ryan. I'll be doing more business with them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TMS2U said:
Diddo to that!!!

Ryan also styled me out a while back with the 2.0 SAWs I was runnin at the time
It's always good to know that they stand by their product. He could have easily said, "sorry, you aren't the original owner. You are not covered." Instead, He wen't out of his way to make sure I was happy and running the Coilovers in a safe and updated cofiguration. I may sell these when I get them back and buy an upgraded pair from Him.

·
Registered
279 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Just wanted to give great kudos to Ryan Shimp at Sway-A-Way. I sent a set of very used Race Runner Coilovers that I bought off a member here on the boards to him to have rebuilt. He called me the minute he recieved them and went over thier overall condition and explained my options with the utmost professionalism. He also offered to do a few upgrades like installl the new recessed schraeder valves and install new caps for free. He also offered me new shocks at an awesome price if I wanted. There was no pressure at all and he offered me a discount since I was a member of TTORA. It's just nice to know that there are a few folks out there that will go the extra mile just to keep customers happy. And just think, I didn't even buy these from SAW new but still received outstanding customer service! Bravo Ryan. I'll be doing more business with them.
If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to have them rebuild them. I have everything to do it, just don't have the time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
01tacoTRD said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to have them rebuild them. I have everything to do it, just don't have the time.

I'll let you know when he finishes. He is going to do the re-build and then give me a total. Ball park was about $100.00. Not bad for a complete urethane replacement, new caps, and recessed schraeder valve replacement. Basically a new set that only looks used!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
01tacoTRD said:
Honestly, I would just send them in to Him and get them done. He will probably replace any out of date components under warranty and update them to the current version. Plus you get the comfort of knowing that they were done right by factory trained technicians. Just My Opinion.

·
Registered
279 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Honestly, I would just send them in to Him and get them done. He will probably replace any out of date components under warranty and update them to the current version. Plus you get the comfort of knowing that they were done right by factory trained technicians. Just My Opinion.
How do I go about sending them to him? Should I call SAW and ask for him, or does he have an email that would be better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
01tacoTRD said:
How do I go about sending them to him? Should I call SAW and ask for him, or does he have an email that would be better.

You could call him if you wish. All I did was just box them up and mail them to him. I wrote a letter explaining what I wanted and threw it in the box. He called me as soon as he got it and we talked about 20 minutes about my options, i.e. the coilover's history, potential upgrades available, costs, etc....

He never pressured me once to buy anything. Just gave me the facts. I thought that was cool.

I'm about to call him right now-matter of fact. I'll tell him to expect another set from a TTORA member. In your letter make sure you mention that.

Here's the Poop on him.
Ryan Shimp
20724 Lassen St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311

Phone= 1-818-700-9712 x-223

Tell him James Mulkins referred you please! LOL.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I had a similar situation and Ryan did everything he could and delivered to me a new set, my set was too far gone and he gave the new set to me at a great price
KUDOS to Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!
great customer service
SWAY-A-WAy is the BEST!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts